VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danny, do u run yamalube in one and rotella in the other?

danny, do u run yamalube in one and rotella in the other?

Rotella T15w-40 in both Garrett.

I used to run Yamalube, but got sick of running to the LBS every time for oil/filter and was too cheap to stock up! :biglaugh:

Now I got oil & filters on hand for the next 4 changes with about $75 invested! :punk:

BTW, where do you get K & N's? I couldn't find KN313's for under $14 and usually get Wix, Fram or NAPA Gold.

danny

ur right danny, its $14, i thought they were like 8-10 thru bikebandit. i just grab a couple whenever i place an order thru them. i also bought a case of yama lube last tiem i was @ the dealer.

i may think about going to rotella. not sure if i want the 15 or 5 w/40 tho... i don't know how i feel about synthetics... how often u changing danny?, still every 1k?

its gotta be thicker synthetic i think. i know lots like the shell rotella stuff.

i replace the washer each time, yes. call it paranoia, haha, i usually get like 10x of them when i'm at the dealer or something. they're the same crush washer for the fill and drail bolt for the final drive (which i do every other oil change or so) and the drain bolt for the coolant, so i'll use 'em up. i like a fresh one on there.

Nah it's usually because people run synthetics that are energy conserving. They seem to be the problem.

This is the second year I've run this stuff with no issues yet. Others have run it longer.

Chris

ur right danny, its $14, i thought they were like 8-10 thru bikebandit. i just grab a couple whenever i place an order thru them. i also bought a case of yama lube last tiem i was @ the dealer.

i may think about going to rotella. not sure if i want the 15 or 5 w/40 tho... i don't know how i feel about synthetics... how often u changing danny?, still every 1k?

Don't believe the Rotella T 15w-40 is synthetic, I don't see it written anywhere on the container. I change every 2K, w/filter, which works out to about $20 an oil change (if the Rotella hasn't gone up from $14).

danny

No 5W40 Rotella is synthetic but is NOT Energy Conserving which adds friction modifiers to the oil.

15W40 Rotella is dino!

Oil Change?

Looking to change my oil for the first time.Would like to hear from some of you what brand and type you use.I'm considering mobil 1 synth.,20w50 any one else use this?
Bob

Re: Oil Change?

I have used Mobil 1 (I think it is 15W50 though) with no problems of clutch slip, etc on my Max, a 1200 Bandit and other bikes. I do not abuse the clutch though. If you do a lot of drag racing or hard riding, it may not be the best to use in a bike that uses the same oil in the trans and engine.

Check FAQ section for oil link.
Shell Rotella 5w-40 synthetic used here.
Chris

+2 on the 5w40 Rotella. Stay FAR FAR away from any car oils. Diesel oils are great because of the small amount of zinc in them.

Great for transmissions.

Chris

(Merged to existing thread)

Back