The search is on

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Some of you who know me or have seen on a few threads know I really want a hooligan bike to fart around on in town. I have the Max sure, but it's not as fun as I could have on well, a hooligan bike. I think I've found a route I can go for cheap and have tons of fun on! I think this is friggin SICK lookin'.

bobberrocket4.jpg

bobberrocket1.jpg

bobberrocket3.jpg

bobberrocket2.jpg

I'm sure most of you don't like it, and that's fine. I just see a cheap bike I could have WAY TOO MUCH FUN ON!

So I think I'm going to scour Craigslist and a few other places for wrecked rocket bikes for dirt cheap now. :D :punk:

I would have to take a guess that is a 1986 Suzuki GSXR with a missing rear tail section. As sad as it is to say, I am sure it would kick a VMAX's ass.

A fun bike to kick around on is an early model Gixxer that has 750 body work and has a 1127 engine.

I remember when I pulled the 750 out of my GSXR to replace it with a later model 1127 Gsxr engine, I had so many people messed up racing them. It fits with no mods. Only difference is a 1100 has I think 6 more fins on the head than a 750 which makes it a bitch to change the valve cover gasket.

They are out there the 1100 engines in a 750 chassis and I am sure you can find one for under 2500

That's one badass lookin' lil' hotrod right there! Bet it's slick as greased owl shit...

My only observation is, ya wouldn't wanna slide off that 'seat' under excelleration... or yer gonna be walkin' funny, with a voice about three octives higher, and less facial hair to worry about, for the REST of your natural life!!

Uncle Philthy

I would have to take a guess that is a 1986 Suzuki GSXR with a missing rear tail section. As sad as it is to say, I am sure it would kick a VMAX's ass.

A fun bike to kick around on is an early model Gixxer that has 750 body work and has a 1127 engine.

I remember when I pulled the 750 out of my GSXR to replace it with a later model 1127 Gsxr engine, I had so many people messed up racing them. It fits with no mods. Only difference is a 1100 has I think 6 more fins on the head than a 750 which makes it a bitch to change the valve cover gasket.

They are out there the 1100 engines in a 750 chassis and I am sure you can find one for under 2500

That bike has the 1127 in it too, good call on the model BTW.

So now you all know what I'm lookin' for! :D

That's one badass lookin' lil' hotrod right there! Bet it's slick as greased owl shit...

My only observation is, ya wouldn't wanna slide off that 'seat' under excelleration... or yer gonna be walkin' funny, with a voice about three octives higher, and less facial hair to worry about, for the REST of your natural life!!

Uncle Philthy

Haha yeah, I would have to modify the seat so there was a lip or something.

Looks good, needs to paint the wheels and get a smaller front fender.

HHmm wonder if there are any almost dead Speed Triples laying around??
NO NO I promised sweetums no more garage full of motorcycles :eusa_dance:.

ab

Hooligan bike? Did someone say Hooligan bike????

HuskyNewColors.JPG

Supermoto...the Ultimate in Hooliganism.

Mike

I'd have a ton less money in the bike I posted, like 25% of the total, or an easy half, and be WAY faster and scarier haha.

I'd like a Motard, but doubt it right now.

Looks good, needs to paint the wheels and get a smaller front fender.

HHmm wonder if there are any almost dead Speed Triples laying around??
NO NO I promised sweetums no more garage full of motorcycles :eusa_dance:.

ab

No fenders and my plans are to Line-X the whole thing, and powder coat the wheels like a wine red. Round headlight up front, same 1127 engine, unless I find a newer liter bike, I'll do something similar. Hell for a good enough deal I don't care what it is, I can shoe horn a liter engine in whatever if say I get a 600 and until I do that, I'd just sprocket the shit outta it.

Gotta love the streetfighters,buy a crashed bike ,rip all the crap off and throw whatever you can fit/modify to suit and let her rip on the street.Bandits go well as a hooligan bike and one of my mates has a suzi drz -m which monos,corners and outthrills everything and another mate has a KTM which seems to live on the back wheel or leaned over so far it makes you wonder what a COG centre of gravity is.it also helps if you have no fear.:ummm:

So it has to be a 4 banger then?

No 90? twins or anything?

Chris

I've always wanted to take a late model ZX10R and just strip it of all the fairings but leave the rear tail alone. Remove 20 or so pounds from the front and watch out!

If I got a good enough deal on a wrecked SV1000 or XB12R or S Buell sure. The attraction for me is the low buck part. The goal is to find a wrecked bike, and as long as the suspension and engine/trans and wheels are good, that's really all I need. The rest is gonna get stripped off.

If I got a good enough deal on a wrecked SV1000 sure. The attraction for me is the low buck part. The goal is to find a wrecked bike, and as long as the suspension and engine/trans and wheels are good, that's really all I need. The rest is gonna get stripped off.

TL's and Super Hawks are another great choice.

SV came as a naked in 2003 as well but they are as rare as hen's teeth.:biglaugh:

The twin gives you the hooligan in town power without putting on a 55-60 tooth sprocket.

Yeah I'm aware of the torque of the twins, it all comes down to what's cheap though, and I mean CHEAP. I'm want to line-x it, perhaps crash bars around the engine case, that way if I throw it across a parking lot, I can pick it up and ride home.

perhaps crash bars around the engine case, that way if I throw it across a parking lot, I can pick it up and ride home.

i've seen some of the "stunters" bikes around here that practically have a cage around the structure of the bike. Short of bending the hell out of the forks, bending a wheel or breaking the handlebars they're almost unbreakable.....

Has a pretty cool Madmax look also....

Back