the squeak is back .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
I originally thort it was the rear brakes but today coming home from work i slowed down to turn into my driveway this time with no brakes it returned even seems to be coming from the front now . Maybe its dust or something as brakes work fine . It seems to come and go ? Any ideas ?:confused2:

Sometimes the airbox cover squeaks when the bumpers and various moldings wear and allow the cover to move. Usually the squeaks originate at the round rubber stops that the cover slips over. The small tab there sometimes rubs. Try pushing on the top cover the next time you hear the noise and see if it stops.

Sometimes the airbox cover squeaks when the bumpers and various moldings wear and allow the cover to move. Usually the squeaks originate at the round rubber stops that the cover slips over. The small tab there sometimes rubs. Try pushing on the top cover the next time you hear the noise and see if it stops.

I agree, check the airbox cover. It is famous for being noisy.

M-CMAN & BUSTER ARE RIGHT ! IF I GO DOWN A BUMPY ROAD OR OVER RAIL ROAD TRACKS IT MAKES ALL KINDS OF SQUEEKS & RATTLES , YOU CAN ACTUALLY WATCH IT & THE NOISES GO WITH THE SHAKING !:punk:

Remove your faux tank. You will see 2 rubber grommets near your gauges that faux rides on. Apply some grease on them. Problem solved...
My airbox doesnt squeak ohh yeah I dont have one, but stop putting cheese in your air box and maybe the mice will stay out.. Save the cheese for the burritos

It definately is the rear brakes my mate rode it brakes work fine but they they are really bad sqeeking really loudly to the point i dont want to use them . I have used brake cleaner but made no difference:confused2:

It definately is the rear brakes my mate rode it brakes work fine but they they are really bad sqeeking really loudly to the point i dont want to use them . I have used brake cleaner but made no difference:confused2:

You have what is called Glazed Rotor and Pads..

Ok 2 options
1) Half Ass
Remove the brake caliper, Get some med grit sand paper and cross hatch your rotor, Next sand your brake pads. DONT USE BRAKE CLEANER...

2) Corret way of fixing it.
Purchases some new HH Gold Brake Pads.
Have your rear rotor turned or replaced.
Replace the anti squeak shims.
Apply the proper amount of brake goop to the pad.
Perform the proper break in for brake pad seating..
Done deal..

Cheap lame way of not fixing it.
Spraying Disc Brake Quiet out of a can on your brakes..

2 most important parts on your VMAX
Good Tires'
Good Brakes'

Those EBC HH pads are the best - most people here run them I believe, I do too.

$35.15 at bike bandit per pair. looks like they're giving a 5% off?

anyways that's not bad for ~$100 for all new pads...

i have yet to use Gary. I really should.

When you call him, do you have all part #'s available?

Nope - I just call Mondak (406 - 433 6635), ask for him, tell him what I need and that I'm a Vmax Forum member and he hits me back with the best prices anywhere. Of course then there's shipping so it's best to get as many parts as poss in a single order!

Nope - I just call Mondak (406 - 433 6635), ask for him, tell him what I need and that I'm a Vmax Forum member and he hits me back with the best prices anywhere. Of course then there's shipping so it's best to get as many parts as poss in a single order!

fair enough!

Latest posts

Back