The VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastatv

Reaction score
Well, what can you say about it! I wrecked mine, a gentle wreck, but put me down for a while....55 years old. Anyway, put it back together with parts from the forum..Patrick. Rode it again today. Brought the front wheel off the ground in first, second, and third, over and over...addicting! A thrilling bike to ride....and 1985 technology...Was for sale, but realize I cant sell it. The Vmax is just an awesome machine....what can you say.....damn! Have to keep it! :punk:

Geez, maybe you should keep that front wheel on the ground, at-least until you finish healing...

Anyway, welcome-back onto the road, or should I say, above the road.:rofl_200:

Geez, maybe you should keep that front wheel on the ground, at-least until you finish healing...

Anyway, welcome-back onto the road, or should I say, above the road.:rofl_200:

Hey, that's funny now.....and thanks! I'm completely healed now, and the wreck wasn't that bad, actually didn't break a bone...just some pretty deep cuts, and bruised from head to toe, and some stretched ligaments. Scared the "shit" out of me though, Kids, grandkids but, I just can't grow up. I have to have the adrenalin rush...:biglaugh: It's good to be back! Rick

Well, what can you say about it! I wrecked mine, a gentle wreck, but put me down for a while....55 years old. Anyway, put it back together with parts from the forum..Patrick. Rode it again today. Brought the front wheel off the ground in first, second, and third, over and over...addicting! A thrilling bike to ride....and 1985 technology...Was for sale, but realize I cant sell it. The Vmax is just an awesome machine....what can you say.....damn! Have to keep it! :punk:

I'm your age and mentality. 55 years old according to my birth certificate but 25 in my head. 07 V-Max and intoxicated. I don't give a shit. Ride it like a thief mate and god bless on your recovery :clapping:

Chris.

VMAX is the best street tiger on the planet.

I, too, went down last night. Been traveling on business the last 2 weeks. Got home late last night, 10ish. It was dark and wet out, but I had to go.

Now I was on my V65, and I HAD fog ligts. Did I have them on? NO? Big S tattooed to my forehead. I went to take a high way on ramp, but I didn't see the side walk that justs out.

I went airborne. Front wheel leading the way. Further stupid me, on the fly, tried to save the bike. I landed sideways, and the bike jammed my knee, but I was in the "soft" shoulder. Long story short, bike was saved because of sliders, only mirror and grips and sliders got broken. I got to tighten up my Kerker slip on, too. My knee is hurting, but walkable. Very lucky. Live to ride.

No real damage to bike or me. Thank you Jesus.

Fixed her up, and going right back out there later today!!!!

I, too, went down last night. Been traveling on business the last 2 weeks. Got home late last night, 10ish. It was dark and wet out, but I had to go.

Now I was on my V65, and I HAD fog ligts. Did I have them on? NO? Big S tattooed to my forehead. I went to take a high way on ramp, but I didn't see the side walk that justs out.

I went airborne. Front wheel leading the way. Further stupid me, on the fly, tried to save the bike. I landed sideways, and the bike jammed my knee, but I was in the "soft" shoulder. Long story short, bike was saved because of sliders, only mirror and grips and sliders got broken. I got to tighten up my Kerker slip on, too. My knee is hurting, but walkable. Very lucky. Live to ride.

I went down on a V65 Magna back in '86. I was going about 45 into a curve at night following a buddy of mine who was riding a GSXR 1100. He made it. I didn't. Some dump truck had spilled a bunch of gravel on the road earlier that day. I tried to countersteer the bike to get it to go the other direction instead of towards the guardrail. It didn't work. Thankfully my left leg went under the guardrail or it would have gotten torn off.

Amazingly, and maybe this is a V65 thing, the right foot peg was scraped a little on the underside and the right muffler had a scratch on the rear side. Other than that, the bike looked fine. Next morning, I rode up to the dealer and bought a new muffler, borrowed a wrench or two, and put the new muffler on right there in their parking lot.

Went down on a V65 due to a wobble turned full blown tank slapper.

Straight line on concrete roadway, 140 plus when the wobble started in. 100 plus at least when I hit the pavement.

Good helmet, boots and gloves, No broken bones, tons of road rash cause it stripped me naked except for helmet and boots. Three weeks in hospital due to road rash.

Bike needed new bars and all new pokey outey things on one side, it fared better than me.

Slowed my ass down too!

Pulling the front wheel in third gear on the vmax is a hard thing to do. Second gear is doable.

Mike_Big_Wheelie-1-2.jpg

I'm glad that ALL of yall were able to walk (limp) away to ride another day.

Hahaa still limping a little and a clicking sound in my ankle area when coming down the stairs also torn muscle left forearm and just finished 6 day steroid pack for lower back spasms . Getting older really sucks !

Getting older really sucks !

Haha!
My dad used to tell me "Getting
Old is not for Sissies"

I'm glad you doing ok. As always could a been worse.

I'm glad I had my "Big One" at 25, if I did that now at 50 I'm sure I'd be permanently damaged...

Your lucky and yes, thank Jesus that you weren't hurt badly, nor the bike. If your like me, scared you big time! Might slow you down for a while? :biglaugh: So glad all is good with you! Rick

Your lucky and yes, thank Jesus that you weren't hurt badly, nor the bike. If your like me, scared you big time! Might slow you down for a while? :biglaugh: So glad all is good with you! Rick

Thanks Rick, I definaltey think I need to adopt the thinking of, "Don't mess with speed."

My real issue is that I don't see well at night. I am putting driving lights on every night from now on.

Jack

Back