then and now 28 years apart

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
The pic on the left is from1982 The bike..1971 yamaha 650 special with kick start. I'm a young man of 23 with the world by the tail. No windshield, no jacket, a skid lid, with no fear and nerves of steal.
Pic on the right..1985 max with no kick start LOL
An older man of 51, the world has me by the short hairs, I have a winshield, a proper riding jacket, a D.O.T aproved helmet, fear and respect for the road, and nervousness LOL.

Attachments

• bikes25 (6).jpg
    bikes25 (6).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 78
  • bradon bike 005.jpg
    bradon bike 005.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 77
The pic on the left is from1982 The bike..1971 yamaha 650 special with kick start. I'm a young man of 23 with the world by the tail. No windshield, no jacket, a skid lid, with no fear and nerves of steal.
An older man of 51, the world has me by the short hairs, I have a winshield, a proper riding jacket, a D.O.T aproved helmet, fear and respect for the road, and nervousness LOL.
Hear ya talkin', loud and clear, brother. I did my first cross-country tour on a '72 650 Yam, the first year that had electric start (remember the decompression/start lever?) My Buddy had a '71, I felt sorry for him ,kicking the thing in the morning to get it going. Like you - no shields, fairings, bags, fancy clothing or lids. Jeans and jackshirts, sissybar piled skyhigh with camping gear. Cost me $1.40 to fill the tank.
Peace&Love, remember Woodstock!
Miles
p.s. That same buddy and I are leaving July 1st, destination cross-country again. "The more things change, the more they remain the same"

I went from a 650 special to the vmax as well over the years:biglaugh:
Do you still have the Mopar?

ripinanroarin: Cool insight into your life. I had 2 Yamaha 650's, was even a member of the Yamaha 650 Society. It was a great bike back then. Hell, rode back roads just puttin along 35-40 and got 83 mpg on that tank full.

All total, I've had 36 bikes, Quite a few Yamaha's from a 60 cc in 1967 to a 1200 VMax today. The one I really miss is the XJ1100. YICS. It was almost VMax fast.

Dave in Florida

I went from a 650 special to the vmax as well over the years:biglaugh:
Do you still have the Mopar?
Wished I had it now. Black interior,buckets, floor shift. The rear end was blown in the pick, and I was using my bike to go every where.:biglaugh:

Hear ya talkin', loud and clear, brother. I did my first cross-country tour on a '72 650 Yam, the first year that had electric start (remember the decompression/start lever?) My Buddy had a '71, I felt sorry for him ,kicking the thing in the morning to get it going. Like you - no shields, fairings, bags, fancy clothing or lids. Jeans and jackshirts, sissybar piled skyhigh with camping gear. Cost me $1.40 to fill the tank.
Peace&Love, remember Woodstock!
Miles
p.s. That same buddy and I are leaving July 1st, destination cross-country again. "The more things change, the more they remain the same"

heres a couple pics of sky high sissy bars...enjoy.

Attachments

• bikes25 (1).jpg
    bikes25 (1).jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 20
  • lastbikes_0017.jpg
    lastbikes_0017.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 20
Back