These COP's??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you be outbid if its a buy it now? You can find them way cheaper like alorio1 stated...

I know. There are a lot on there. Just kidding around. Thanks guys!

If I might suggest thta if you get them try to find a set that comes with a wiring harness. Make installation that much easier.

I just noticed you have a 89 model. It is not recomended to run COP's without the resistor in line because you have the older analog ignightor box(CDI). If you had the later model Vmax with the digital CDI it is more forgiving and you can wire them directly just like the original coils are. Some have wired them directly to the old syle CDI boxes and had no ill effecets, some fried their old analog boxes. Just a heads up from what I have read on the forum........

Well.....sh*t! I ordered them but don't plan on attacking this right away. I better wait until winter to tackle this one. Thank you for the heads up though!

I bought some s/h COPs on fleaBay and installed them on my '86 with OEM TCI box, had no trouble the whole time I had it til I sold as I moved abroad.

Only thing was TBoost would not work - the valves opened at 9k instead of 3k in TBoost mode (!)

The Denso cops work great. 12k miles later no issue. I'm using Gannon's harness with resistors to be on the safe side. Tboost has been an issue for some. I think hard wired into the harness might be best, before the coil connector. Worked here. Not that I think T-boost is worth the effort or $.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back