Things I have learnt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
OK I had a idea last night that it would be cool to have a thread with little tid bits of things that we've learnt about working on our VMAX'S, they can be a simple as the first one I will post or as complicated as one wants. I just hope this thread doesn't get turned into a debate thread and stays as it was intended, "Things I have learnt"

I have rarely seen a VMAX that the scoops were not scratched from taking the fake tank off and on. There has always been some shape points on the tank that hit the scoops when taking it off and putting it on.

I contacted a rubber manufacturer a year or so ago to get samples for a project I was working on ( nothing to do with my VMAX ) they gladly sent me 4-6 samples of all thickness', I'm sure any of them will do the same.

Here is my simple tip

Whenever I am removing or replacing the fake tank I lay a piece of the rubber on the scoops on each side and that protects the scoops when those shape corner hit the scoops thus preventing your scoops from getting all scratched up.

I know this is very simple but had I seen this tip years ago I would have had several of my VMAX'S that didn't have those damn scoop scratches.

Please try to keep this a tips thread

Thanks

Ron

Adjusting rear stock shocks preload without supplied spanner tool from your tool bag. Put bike on center stand, use an alen wrench with the closest size diameter as the holes in the lower shock cup. Insert short end of wrench in a hole and use your thumbs to turn the long end of alen wrench. Made it easy to work around my mufflers.

Adjusting rear stock shocks preload without supplied spanner tool from your tool bag. Put bike on center stand, use an alen wrench with the closest size diameter as the holes in the lower shock cup. Insert short end of wrench in a hole and use your thumbs to turn the long end of alen wrench. Made it easy to work around my mufflers.

def a good one, didn't think of that.

What have I learned ??
Once I was lost but now I`m found, was blind but now I see !!!
No joke,
I didn`t know squat about my max until I found this site !!
With the help and good friends that I have found here, I`m no longer to take a wrench to my bike.
The information that I have gathered here is priceless and now I am able to help others.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I learned (the hard way:rofl_200:) that the stupid little bolt cap or plug things on the handle bar riser mounts are just little plastic boogers. Broke the tip off a collectors knife, 1 out 500.:bang head::bang head: when I started my first mod on her, put on drag bars.

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

I found that out too when I had to buy some to fill the holes in my back hand grab.. strange huh?

Latest posts

Back