Things that make you go "Hmmmm...."

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
I just finished some maintenance on my car today. Very nice sunny day. I would normally ride my Vmax, but I didn't look at the weather forecast. So I just drove the car to work... AND HIT A DEER on the way home! Think about that.
The car is fine. The deer is not.

That deer came out of nowhere!
Guys, be alert out there. A biker could really get hurt!

I hit one on my 2005 FZ1 about a year and a half ago. Totaled the bike, killed the deer. I got bruised and scraped, 4 months in wound therapy(out patient), but no broken bones. Happened at noon on a Saturday. Traffic all around, it just waited for me. Those bastards are everywhere.

I've hit 7 (yes, seven) deer on motorcycles. ATGATT and I'm still riding.

I have never hit one on a bike but was riding next to my brother when he did. Luckily he "only" hit the head and neck with the headlight but the body hit his leg and 4 into 1 on his FZ1 and it started spinning in the air. I had saw the deer a just before it hit him so I let off the throttle but was still travelling 50 mph as it spun off his bike and was spinning towards me. I only had time to lift my foot as it brushed by me, I didn't really feel it hit Redbone but I do think it may have hit my footpeg. I found a little bit of blood on my footpeg and exhaust while my brothers bike suffered $1600 in damage. He didn't go down but must have been stunned because he didn't stop for more than a quarter of a mile. By the time we stopped the deer was up and running off into the woods.

Last edited:
Careful out there everybody, especially those that like to fly low. Animals running out in the road are a hazard. I had a little dog run right in front of me, on my old R100/7. He got stuck between my wheels but I wasn't going too fast and was able to get him loose, he was ok.
I love dogs and would always assist one. Deer are food.I think broadsiding a deer would ruin a lot of the meat.

Never hit a deer, but had a squirrel jump into my front wheel at 60 MPH. that was bad enough...
Happy your OK.

I have never hit a deer, been very close a couple of times. Unfortunately, I have witnessed a couple of bike deer collisions. Nuff said. Glad you had a premonition.

My wife hit a deer October of last year with her van; bent up the hood, radiator core support, and broke the passenger side headlight. The deer was a 3 pointer buck, weighed close to 250lbs, suffered a broken foreleg, broken left antler, and its left eye was gouged. He kept trying to get up but would fall in a crumpled heap. My wife kept crying that she killed it and I told her that no she didn't and that I would have to put it down. So I pulled out my 40 cal. SD40 and dispatched it with two shots to the back of the head....I only regret was that I couldn't take it home because it was late at night and the deer was too heavy for me to load up in the back of my truck.

Latest posts

Back