Thinking of going back to stock...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX NV

Reaction score
My max came with Cobra slip-ons. I love the look and the sound, but everyone says they rob 10-15HP. So I was thinking of at least trying out the stocker to see if I noticed a big difference, because I can't afford a whole new system.

So since a lot(most?) of you have upgraded, does anyone have a very good condition stock muffler set for really cheap? I just need the muffler parts, I'm assuming my down pipes are stock...
Black would be cool, but probably pretty rare, how many years did they make those?

My max came with Cobra slip-ons. I love the look and the sound, but everyone says they rob 10-15HP. So I was thinking of at least trying out the stocker to see if I noticed a big difference, because I can't afford a whole new system.

So since a lot(most?) of you have upgraded, does anyone have a very good condition stock muffler set for really cheap? I just need the muffler parts, I'm assuming my down pipes are stock...
Black would be cool, but probably pretty rare, how many years did they make those?

Look into Supertrapps , slip ons , good sound , no loss of H.P. from stock , chrome or black , no re-jet necessary . Here is an old pic here , prior to the Kerker

Attachments

• DSC00087.jpg
    DSC00087.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 72
If you were closer I'd give you mine.....:confused2:

If you decide to sell the Cobras let me know....

Interesting and not bad looking. Kinda pricey though and I don't know if I want to mess with all the disc adjusting....my engine/carbs are stock(except K&N AF).

There's two sets of Cobras for sale, for $250 and $300. If I find some nice stockers and I like them, I will probably sell the Cobras pretty cheap. I'll let you know Kaboom...

Interesting and not bad looking. Kinda pricey though and I don't know if I want to mess with all the disc adjusting....my engine/carbs are stock(except K&N AF).

What's pricey ? Supertrapps ? I didn't see any price listed for them :ummm:

Disc adjustment is easy.....as long as you take them apart fairly often.....

I have 'Trapps on mine and everything else stock and she runs good with the suggested and supplied 8 discs per side....

Black would be cool, but probably pretty rare, how many years did they make those?[/QUOTE] Only 2 years, 96 & 97. U would be lucky to get a clean pair of black chrome OEM pipes now days.:confused2:

Morley is definately the way to go.....

Good prices and GREAT customer service:punk:

I have stock mufflers I bought but never used, not a mark on them. $100 plus shipping, that's what I got in them. Gordo email: [email protected]

Back