Those of you in Florida!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
If any one is close to this and can get pictures or videos of it for here, that would be great!!

If anyone is near Brandeton Florida and interested, a couple of Gen 2 VMax's will be making passes there tonight. What makes it more interesting is that these will be the first runs of a lightly modded (pipe, race filter, fuel tuner) 09' that I know of. In addition Pee Wee Jay Gleason will be there and will try his hand at posting some decent times.

:rocket bike:

Here's the scoop about the '09 Vmax run in Bradenton on Vmaxguru. You need to get there somehow someway G! Maybe history making stuff at least it would be great to see Pee Wee Gleason ride it!

I hope someone can get there and post something on this tonight. Myself, not a big fan looks wise of yhe gen2, but I'm willing to bet some good numbers will be layed down tonight.

Report in from Florida....unofficial results are 9.51 by Pee Wee Gleason! WOW !!
here is the post with the time from StarVmax:
Quick update from B_M first pass for Pee Wee on Tim's bike 9.51
Lee on the X-pipe bike can no longer hook up with his new found power and is on the limiter. Lowered pressure and short shifting has pulled a 9.90 with no tune time.

:punk:

Another update from Oliver @ Starvmax: "Just got an update. Lee is in the 9.8s

Best for Jay is still 9.51 after an initial 9.58 as the first run.

As soon as we get pics we will put up a front page story."

Damn - it's 9:28 as I read this & Bradenton is 1:45 south of here - I won't make it. Would be cool as hell to see - even cooler if I ride my MAX down there & get Gleason to autograph the airbox cover ! I was thinking of going to Ft. Myers some time - heard he's wrenching there. If anybody ever hears of him running Sunshine Speedway in St. Pete, please post in advance - I can make it there in 1/2 hour - would love to report on PeeWee the Legend on the new Max - wonder if he would even bother with 1/8 mile in S.P? All the big Dawgs around here have to go down to Bradenton to run the 1/4.

Maybe I'll buzz past Jays place and see if he is in his garage shooting the shit after tonights escapades or perhaps Tom is still buying the beers up there. We'll see. It is only ten PM so he might not be home yet.

I'm kinda confused, was the 9.51 on a drag slick?:confused2: Looks like two different bikes ran, but what were the particulars, anyone know?

I'm kinda confused, was the 9.51 on a drag slick?:confused2: Looks like two different bikes ran, but what were the particulars, anyone know?
The story kinda goes like this: Vmax guru (Tim Nash) provided a bike for Jay Gleason to run down the track with a slick, he made several passes with Tim's bike, the best being a 9.51. Smokingxzx14 (sp?) also made 1 pass on Tim's bike.
There also was a second '09 there owned by Bad_Max (from starvmax.com), which Smoking ran several times down the track, with the best time being in 9.8's (not 100% on this). Bad Max's bike was suffering from a worn clutch which was toast by the evenings end. Pee Wee also ran Bad Max's bike once down the track, a 9.74 (again not 100% on that number). Check out Tim's blog on his website Vmaxguru.com with all the info on his view. or go to Starvmax.com for more specifics.
Here is a pic of Tim and Jay "pee Wee" Gleason and Eleanor (Tim's Vmax):

That all makes sense now, thanks for the info. BTW, did you make it there last night? I'm assuming you snapped that picture, maybe not. I would be interested to know how that exhaust sounded, it doesn't look too restrictive!

That all makes sense now, thanks for the info. BTW, did you make it there last night? I'm assuming you snapped that picture, maybe not. I would be interested to know how that exhaust sounded, it doesn't look too restrictive!
Nah, I grabbed that photo off of the starvmax site. There are many more pics and some great vids too.
Here are a couple:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMmC0sCeiKg&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCYNjnezuCs&feature=player_embedded

Back