those that have ridden one....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the stealer on Friday buying some premix for the CR5. I see a b-king on a little stand on the showroom floor with a SOLD sticker on it. It was used but had very low mileage. Sticker price was 12.5K !!!!!!

wow thats expensive...
I love the Sargent. I have the solo seat (has a slimmer passenger section)

Seats are subjective though. you might hate it. I've done some 500 mile days on it, and it's good.

what are your ergos?

I have an '04 ZRX, and I have to say it's a better bike than the V-max for the most part. (don't hate me)

It has plenty of HP and TQ. Mine dyno'd at 121 and 81 with a full pipe and jet kit. It's lighter than the Max by quite a bit, and handles lots better, although it's no sport bike.

The drawback for touring are chain drive, and lack of wind protection. The stock seat is bad for many people. I have a Sargent on mine. Corbin also makes a seat, but it's huge and heavy.

You can find hard bags that are ugly, or just use some soft bags.

The best thing, is that they are quite a bargain. Mine was 6800.00 new, and they can be had used now for 3500.00 and up, in decent shape, and with low miles.

PM me if you have any more specific questions.

Pictures would be nice. :punk:

pics

Neal_Wave_44.jpg

Neal_Wave.jpg

me and my "ergos"

trackday.jpg

5'11" 250 geared up

very slick. i like it a lot. would u say its as 'comfy' as a vmax?

very slick. i like it a lot. would u say its as 'comfy' as a vmax?

Comfy is all subjective. Stock seat-vs-stock seat, the Rex is better IMO,

I have a Sargent on the Rex now, and Morely on the Max, so they are both good. The Rex riding position is more aggressive, not like a sport bike though.

I had the Rex first, then bought the Max, and the first time I rode it, I hated it. The Pegs weren't where they were supposed to be, and the front wheel wanted to flop around like a chopper. I quickly got used to it though.

I've ridden the Rex from Ennis to a rally in Eureka Springs, AR and the Max to a Rally in the Texas Hill Country. In all honesty, the Rex was a more comfortable long distance ride. The Rex will go farther on a tank of gas, 150 miles or so. A bit more if you aren't real aggressive.

To me, the have completly differnt personalities. I consider the Rex an "old man's sport bike" I always ride it harder. The Max is more like a power cruiser, and I prefer it around town, or when I want to ride a little less intense.

very good info. i appreciate it man!

any 'gotcha's with zrx's? the oring, 2nd gear are issues the max has...

loved my s3 as well. it was the 955 model and still a blast. def wasn't as comfy as the vmax though. why'd you sell yours?

there is a 1200r within a couple hours for 7700. looks nice. def something to consider. love the look of the 1200r.

garrett i havent finished reading this thread yet but a very good friend of mine just sold a k1200r, i rode it lots over the years, kinda my second bike and well all i can tell you is.... you will not be disappointed at all. its sooo f'n comfortable, smooth fast!!!! a dream to drive. i swear there is no bike that shifts better then a BMW, i mean you have no idea you chg up or down, no clunk no jerk no sound its like silk smooth. and for power, you will have to use scotch brite to get the smile off your face. you can cruise around at 125 in a blink of a eye and not even realize it, no wind super smooth im telling you man if you can get one of those you will love it. I'm 6'4.5" and was comfortable on it. I was real sad when he sold it if i could have afforded it i would have bought it. great bike for long rides or city, and awesome fuel mileage.

good info, thanks ro. just gotta see if mr max sells ya know?

very good info. i appreciate it man!

any 'gotcha's with zrx's? the oring, 2nd gear are issues the max has...

hmmmmm, not really. Some guys that have tipped over and let the motor run have had lower bearing issues later.

The radiators spring a leak sometimes and are expensive to replace.

The starter chain can drag on the clutch hub. The auto tensioner isn't the best.

The carbs are a bitch to remove if you still have the airbox, and clog up easily with stale gas.

That's all I can think of.

doesn't sound all that abnormal from our vmax's

I forgot a big one!

some people on the ZRXOA board have had issues with pitted cams. Not alot, but some. Different years, so it's not easy to just weed out a particular year.

I've done 2 valve adjustments on my '04, and they look fine. A close friend with an '03 had pitted cams, and they were exchanged under warranty for some ZZR1200 cams, and they have pitted as well.

The consensus is that it doesn't really cause any issues, but it is a concern none the less.

gotcha. haha sucks thats hard to check on a test ride eh?

Latest posts

Back