thought I disliked cats before....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
So I just went and got a custom seat put on my Vmax and it looks like cats got into the garage and decided it would make a good scratching post :angry flame:. So I need a new seat on my bike and am thinking I should get some covers to put over all my bikes. Does anybody know of a good Vmax specific bike cover or a decent universal one that fits the Vmax well?

~ Horrendous

cat%20burglar%20mean%20kick%20kitty%20kitten%20kill%20hurt.jpg

one shaped like a shotgun will make things better.... i hate cats. ive got a generic bike cover. just get a decent fabric one. it doesnt have to be specific.

also if this is for winter storage take a small margarine container poke a ton of holes in it and shave a bar of irish spring soap into the container and put the lid on and place it on the seat, the smell will keep mice away as well.

good luck,
evan....

I hate cats as well.
That would piss me off to no end! I would literally ring its neck if I caught it

I claim the 5th when it comes to talking about Cats..
Had a friend once that became an Expert with a Bow
thanks to an overabundance of cats...:rofl_200:

Easy does it cat-haters. I've got 2 of em and my wife volunteers in the cat dept at the local shelter. Cat proof your garage and they will not get in. It's odd that they would scratch your seat like that. They do not normally like to exercise their claws on vinyl or leather. They tend to go for fabrics. Perhaps they sense your unnatural hatred of them.

Maybe there was a mouse under your seat, and they were after it. I'd be pissed too! Good tip about the irish spring, Evan....I have heard the same thing about tossing fabric softener sheets around in the garage, its suppose to keep the mice away also.

Everyone has thier own feelings on cats and we are all entitled to them.

Another storage tip, take a big ball of wire wool and pop em into the outlets on your exhaust. No mice there either.

Peace,
Evan....

Easy does it cat-haters. I've got 2 of em and my wife volunteers in the cat dept at the local shelter. Cat proof your garage and they will not get in. It's odd that they would scratch your seat like that. They do not normally like to exercise their claws on vinyl or leather. They tend to go for fabrics. Perhaps they sense your unnatural hatred of them.

They will definately scratch leather , ask me how I know.

Everyone has thier own feelings on cats and we are all entitled to them.

I agree 100%....don't think that extends to taking the life of someone else's pet tho.....just saying.

The perforated plastic container sounds like a great idea.....some of those powder laundry detergents have a very strong odor....bet they would work good too.

There was never any talk about doing this to anyone elses pet. One would assume it would have been your own. My dog ate 6 20 dollar bills that were on my bedroom dresser. We were able to tape the other 8 or 9 together. You bet I whipped his ass, the whole time holding the money at his mouth or in it. Hes still an amazing dog, love him to death, but the lessons need to be taught. I would speak.for most and myself for sure tbat saying bullets are needed is more of a.figure of speech to express how angry one would be about the situation.

Im out at the farm, for example. The foxes or yotes are deztroying livestock or damaging material. Nothing wrong with shooting them.then right? It all relative to emotions. Aww arent cats cuddly? No they arent to me. They rip open garbage and shit all over the place. But thats just my opinoin. We go to the farm to shoot varmants regularly. And the RM is paying 25 bucks for 4 yote paws because theres such a problem around here.

Again I say all of this not to argue but just to state that people can be animal lovers but dont have to put with destruction of property I get it. its a sensitive topic but people humanize animals. They are pets. I love my dog but when its time for him to go. Its time to go.

I welcome an educated debate.

Peace,
Evan...

Very good point Evan, some people don't see from any point other than their own. I HATE cats but don't go around killing them. That being said a man has a right to protect his property,,,if this is a one time incedent sometimes you just half to let it go but on the other hand if it was an on going matter that happened over and over ,,,well.........i'll let it go at that......

Last edited:
I'm not sure whats worse. Finding out that you cat scratched up your vmax seat or your dog ate your couch and ottoman. I know I was pretty pissed about the couch.

Figured I'd throw in a couple pics of our wildlife encounter from a couple weekends ago. Some baby bears invaded our campground during our annual dirt bike outing. I wasn't too worried about the cubs but I was hoping the mother didn't stop by!

Attachments

• 2011-02-18_21-08-04_401.jpg
    2011-02-18_21-08-04_401.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2011-09-17_10-22-20_524.jpg
    2011-09-17_10-22-20_524.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 2011-09-17_10-23-20_678.jpg
    2011-09-17_10-23-20_678.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 17
Cats use to annoy me too, until I got one! Its now an outdoor cat, and loves being outside. As far as catching mice, she is useless as tits on a bull, but is a great pet and gets along fabulous with both of my boxers!

There was never any talk about doing this to anyone elses pet. One would assume it would have been your own. My dog ate 6 20 dollar bills that were on my bedroom dresser. We were able to tape the other 8 or 9 together. You bet I whipped his ass, the whole time holding the money at his mouth or in it. Hes still an amazing dog, love him to death, but the lessons need to be taught. I would speak.for most and myself for sure tbat saying bullets are needed is more of a.figure of speech to express how angry one would be about the situation.

Im out at the farm, for example. The foxes or yotes are deztroying livestock or damaging material. Nothing wrong with shooting them.then right? It all relative to emotions. Aww arent cats cuddly? No they arent to me. They rip open garbage and shit all over the place. But thats just my opinoin. We go to the farm to shoot varmants regularly. And the RM is paying 25 bucks for 4 yote paws because theres such a problem around here.

Again I say all of this not to argue but just to state that people can be animal lovers but dont have to put with destruction of property I get it. its a sensitive topic but people humanize animals. They are pets. I love my dog but when its time for him to go. Its time to go.

I welcome an educated debate.

Peace,
Evan...

Actually, I wouldn't assume that at all! Why would a self proclaimed cat hater have one for a pet....just doesn't hold together!

I don't like scorpions but I don't have any concerns about one stickin' his pecker in my motorcycle seat cause I won't have one for a pet........cause I don't like them.

tis true i guess, lets try a slightly different idea based on the one sentence. when something happens in your home and its due to your own animal, then its tolerable, hence my example about the cash, or unfortunately, a couch. but in a way you can reason it with yourself that 'fine, i wanted this animal as a pet' and then you discipline, or take the corrective steps, as a pet owner. its a responsibility.

so as his first post stated, cats got into my garage and scratched my seat. so the fact he didnt imply they were his cats id infer that they were not his. because they arent his responsibility, you bet id be pissed off. so would you as you chose to not have a pet. you would see my point here i hope.

i am absolutly against torture and abuse against animals. but discipline is important. if you cant control how an animal acts, especially if this is the first time, and not your pet. id be livid. so for people to show rage against the fact that damage to something that you cant for the most part control is normal.

i made my first comment to state my disgust that it happened. it wasnt intended as true. i guess in bad taste, but do you listen to a story about this and just go oh well? here we are fed up with some aspects of our city and a cat problem is one of them, so around here its not so offensive to bad mouth cats.

its like chess, your turn sir...
peace,
evan....

Back