Thunder 2015 - its official!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm cancelling my reservation!

Last edited:
Anyone heading down early and riding? Michigan Hooligans? Any of the Canadian contingent?

Just made my reservation for check-in Wednesday / checkout Sunday ! :clapping:

Brian, what are your plans? Arrive a couple days earlier for some Pa riding or do the Tail of the Dragon again before Thunder ? Either way, I'm interested. Keep me posted plz.

Just made my reservation for check-in Wednesday / checkout Sunday ! :clapping:

Brian, what are your plans? Arrive a couple days earlier for some Pa riding or do the Tail of the Dragon again before Thunder ? Either way, I'm interested. Keep me posted plz.
I'm up for some more Tail ridin', or a early arrival at Thunder!
If it's the Dragon I'd probably ride down Friday night to Flushing, then Saturday ride and arrive Sunday afternoon at the Dragon. Then ride over to Somerset on Wednesday.
Or if straight(somewhat) to Thunder, starting on Saturday, I may ride the northern route though Sudbury then down to Somerset on Wednesday.

Brian i dont know what i will be doing next year for fun but i can tell you the route Lee and i took through ohio was alot of fun. Route 20 to route 250 to Wheeling WV Than through a tunnel and through the PA mountains. It was a long ride but i would do it again.

I got two rooms and i dont know what i will be riding. I hope i can get lee and Tom and who ever else want to ride down. That route Lee and i took to get to thunder last year was alot of fun. I also can get a open trailer that will hold at least 3 bikes maybe 4 or 5 ? and i can get one in the bed of my truck. My truck will seat 4 people and have lots of room or 6 people and a little tight but do-able. If we did 5 bikes it would be $40 each for round trip on gas and if someone will sleep on a cotte the room's would only be $48 each for 3 nights. $88 dollars each for fuel there and back and a room for 3 nights would be great deal for all the fun we would have. I would like to do the dragon but i dont want to take more than 3 days of vacation for this event. Im still waiting to here from Tom Lee and Todd. Let me know if any of you guys would be up for a group deal. I like to ride the bike down but im also up for a group deal.

If we do a group deal you would need to bring your bike to my house so we could load it up.

hey guys... just to mix it up a bit... romax, lucas and myself still need to nail out the details, but at the first suggestion of this, we have tentatively filled 2 car trailers with vmaxes. its a LONG, LOOOONG drive there (3450kms) but we are hoping to announce some final details to the rest of the group up here.

every year, ro, lucas or myself plan a main vmax get together here in western canada. last years meet and greet brought 25+ bikes. we have a pretty hardcore group and after the calgary bike show in early january we will have the info we need to make this happen on our end.

intrest is good here. so without comitting to anything, theres a good chance there will be a group from western canada coming.

Myself personally have not been on the forum for awhile due to work obligations and family, but i am hoping that finally i can put a face to the name (usernames) that have helped me and been great to talk to over the years on this forum.

From what i understand the Days inn in johnstown is the 'it' place? if we cant find rooms there where do you guys recommend? what dates do you guys start arriving? we hope to be there the thursday i think.

Thanks for the help.

peace,
evan...

It's the Days inn in Somerset where we stay, have the whole back side of the hotel to ourselves, should be rooms available yet............................Tom.

Hello Evan, the actual location for the Day Inn hotel is about 20 miles from Johnstown in Somerset, PA.. I would call (814) 445-9200 ASAP for the rooms since they tend to go fast as do most hotels in the area. Hampton Inn and Quality Inn are close by the Days Inn but I have only ever stayed at the Days Inn so I cannot give a personal recommendation's for any other hotels. Here is a link to local hotels: https://www.google.com/maps/search/..../@40.0175005,-79.0775158,1338m/data=!3m1!1e3
Glad to hear you and your group are planning on joining us for the 30th anniversary celebration of the Vmax. It's a long trip for you guys/ gals but I'm sure you'll find a large group of enthusiastic Vmax owners that you will feel right at home with! There will be lots of rides, tech sessions, bench racing and maybe even some parking lot exhibitions!:biglaugh:

I've been following this Canadian group convoy on Facebook and cant wait to meet up with more of the Canadian bunch. You guys are awesome from all that have made it down here in the past to present. I hope you get this all pulled off.

I would definitely suggest that you get your rooms reserved ASAP since now with the turn of the year coming they will fill up quickly. Some riders come in as early as Tuesday, but most are all in by Thursday for the long weekend of festivities.

We will be putting together a Thunder Group for planning this year being that this year should top all other years in the past decade or more.

Keep us posted on your progress or if there is anything else you need assistance on.

Stay warm otherwise....

Just reserved my room for Friday and Sat. Looking forward to putting faces to the screen names, and maybe making a little Shinko smoke of my own!

Thanks for all the info and support guys. Its a big commitment for most people, away from wives kids jobs and such. Itll be 6 days there and back driving alone...

Peace,
Evan...

I didnt mean alone as in me alone. i ment out of the 10 or 11 days 6 of them are driving... lol. You guys may be suprised yet...

Peace,
Evan...

Latest posts

Back