Thunder 2015 - its official!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a fun ride and a great destination, the view from the hang glider ramp is awesome. I'd be in for a ride up to there, not sure about leading though since my lead for the Saturdays dinner ride last year was less than stellar.

That is a fun ride and a great destination, the view from the hang glider ramp is awesome. I'd be in for a ride up to there, not sure about leading though since my lead for the Saturdays dinner ride last year was less than stellar.

I enjoyed the ride & view. Sign us up.

You did F I N E last year.

edit - oh wait - that's been 2 years ago already. Dayum........where's the time gone?

as long as i get to fuck around with a bunch of hooligans and stay safe the ride is great no matter what in my book. So what time on Saturday do you want to lead us to the top Brian.

Dont leave for the memorial without me Brian if you dont mind the 3 of us tagging along. The ride back from the dinner ride last year when we zigged instead of zagged on the way back to the motel was a pretty awesome ride if thats what you are talking about. I mean who doesnt like running 70+ miles an hour through unfamiliar mountain roads dodging deer and being painted by bug blood and guts? At least i was able to finally get enough cell service to pull up a map. Seth and I laugh about that ride weekly. Hell lets do it again! Hahaha.

I'll try this time to stick with the pack this time :biglaugh:. Those lonely mountains roads at night by myself with the low on fuel light blinking at me will etched in my mind for a long time ! Count me in for the trip to the mountain top bar ! :punk:

Its a very good experience. Everyone should visit it some time in thier life. Some may say it seems like a sad place of a tragedy.....the way i saw it...and felt...was a place of heroism and sacrafice.

:ummm: what do you mean some say its a sad place tragedy but you feel like its a place of heroism and sacrafice?

Where is this Mountaintop Bar?
It is near Mcconnellsburg on State Route 30 and the proper name is Mountain House Bar and Grille. Here is a link to their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/mountain.house.796/info?tab=overview

Here is a map to it from the Day Inn Hotel: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mou...919a31427eb1!2m2!1d-79.080971!2d40.019226!3e0

The ride up to the Flight 93 Memorial is not a long ride and can be used to as a place to start a longer ride from or to just stay in the general Somerset area for Hotel activities.
Map from Hotel here: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40....7cea2835362d!2m2!1d-78.893594!2d40.060763!3e0

we need to start a BeeKeeper must go to Thunder petition, or just show up in the middle of the night w/ski masks on a "force" him to go !!!!!!

:ummm: what do you mean some say its a sad place tragedy but you feel like its a place of heroism and sacrafice?
After reading that again, i guess it did come out wrong. It was indeed a huge TRAGEDY, but when i was there i was more comforted by the heroism of those victims standing up and fighting terrorist assholes instead of laying around waiting to die more so saddened by death. Not every hijacked plane crash site has a memorial built like that one and the heroic efforts of the passengers is why. Hope that makes more sense. If not, im just gonna shut the hell up and delete this crap before somebody takes offense to something i dont mean. Lol

After reading that again, i guess it did come out wrong. It was indeed a huge TRAGEDY, but when i was there i was more comforted by the heroism of those victims standing up and fighting terrorist assholes instead of laying around waiting to die more so saddened by death. Not every hijacked plane crash site has a memorial built like that one and the heroic efforts of the passengers is why. Hope that makes more sense. If not, im just gonna shut the hell up and delete this crap before somebody takes offense to something i dont mean. Lol
I knew what you meant, feel the same, the ppl on that plane saved a lot of lives doing what they did, very heroic IMO

Back