Thunder in the valley 2009

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am planning on going,i think a few other people are going as well.I have a few people confirmed who are riding with me but they are not in the vmax world.They are friends of mine that own the dearlership where i bought my 09.:clapping:

Hey Bill. I was hoping to make it out to this for at least one day. Hopefully I will be running top notch soon! Still playing around with carb settings. It's close.

BTW, is it just me, or does you headlight look a little different in the Brownie Run photos than when I last saw your bike?

We should all try and meet up somewhere for a forum ride during thunder.
Anyone interested?

Yes good eyes Mike, i put on a vrod headlight since you last seen my bike.
If your going to thunder for one day only, you should shoot for saturday.
That's when the parade is and the most activities...

It's on my short list. Rooms are all booked up, So I will be staying outside the city, somewhere, still working on that part. Bill I will PM you when we get closer.

That head light is the tits...!!!!!!

Will go as long as I work out my electrical problems..going to the beach the weekend before so that should be a good test..about the same distance for me

Kathy & I are leaving from buffalo on Wednesday AM. This was originally gonna be a Gettysburg/Thunder trip - but we had to cancel the Gettysburg part of it due to inability of getting someone to watch the pisspot (16 year old son) for the whole week, to be sure he gets to school. (He'd spend the week with his XBox360 - when is he gonna discover girls??)

Anyway, I probably am going to have to take the Roadie, due to luggage demands. We are staying at the Woodland Park Campground, about 10 miles north of town.

Decent sites, low rates, and they still have sites available! As of yesterday..

814-472-9857 for reservations/info.

You can also Google it. It's a good time, not to be missed!

Driving down the road right now. Just saw a group of bikes on rt 219 headed south towards J-town between rts 22 and 422. 2 or 3 maxes in the group. I believe one was pulling a trailer. Thunder is ON!!

Still up in the air about what is going on this weekend with me. I really want to go but I may be going to NYC instead :bang head: .

Driving down the road right now. Just saw a group of bikes on rt 219 headed south towards J-town between rts 22 and 422. 2 or 3 maxes in the group. I believe one was pulling a trailer. Thunder is ON!!

Still up in the air about what is going on this weekend with me. I really want to go but I may be going to NYC instead :bang head: .

That was probably Tyler Pennock and the group from up here. Tyler always has his trailer on lately and I know he would have had it for Thunder. Damn I wish I could have gone:bang head:

Made it up and back..but i did stall out in the middle of the parade! Could'nt get it started back up and had to bail.
Route was extremely slow stop and go and my fan was on constantly..still I don't know why it would die when no one elses did? Is the bigger engine a bigger draw on power? All connections good and battery was recently check good. I'll have to hook in a manual light switch to cut off light in slow traffic to save power or something. Also thought i had an oil leak but turns out to be oil from breather tube which was'nt fastened tight.

Kind of a low turn out and very few old timers there. i would say 35-40 bikes. Don't know if Thunder has kind of jumped the shark or just other things going on

Yes that was Tyler with the hitch..saw about 3 people from the forum..don't know if more were there..

Just made it back from thunder myself.
Here are a few pics :clapping:

Attachments

• P6270093 (Small).JPG
    P6270093 (Small).JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 38
  • P6270094 (Small).JPG
    P6270094 (Small).JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 32
  • P6270095 (Small).JPG
    P6270095 (Small).JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 35
  • P6270096 (Small).JPG
    P6270096 (Small).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 36
  • P6270097 (Small).JPG
    P6270097 (Small).JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 36
  • P6270100 (Small).JPG
    P6270100 (Small).JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 35
  • P6270104 (Small).JPG
    P6270104 (Small).JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 35
  • P6270099 (Small).JPG
    P6270099 (Small).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P6270105 (Small).JPG
    P6270105 (Small).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 37
Man am I jealous!! Was supposed to go again this year, but NOOOOOOO circumstances beyond my control kept me home...... From what I am hearing it sounds like everyone had a great time.

Had a great time, even after the indignities of a leaky airbed, then a leaky tent on thursday during that hellacious thunderstorm. Kathy and I headed out about noof Friday, took a slow putt up to Brockway, and got a cheap room for the night. Found a little neighborhood bar, and got to bed about midnight. finished the last 125 miles in the rain.

Definitely smaller crowds this year!
Still hot as hell, weatherwise.

Did anyone see the "Streekers Girls" parading around in corsets and nylons on Friday? Wonder what their mothers would have said if they'd have seen them?

Gotta get a room in town, so we can travel light enough to take the Max next time!!

Nice pics Bill!! Thanks for sharing them.

That '09 didn't have a Canadian plate on it by any chance, did it? :biglaugh:
Maybe a little decal that says..."Wasaga Beach Lifeguard"?

He did a monster burnout on that 09 Friday night and i missed it :bang head:
Although i did see the aftermath...

That's the route we took....but we had 10 bikes (7 maxes). 2 with trailers.
Man that's a nice ride through the mountains! :punk:

Dale #2592

Latest posts

Back