Top Speed - Texas Mile 3/2012

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's a wild video! He sure gets that speedo there in a hurry!

I guess the difference in the pavement caused the break in traction & the bike landed a bit sideways, causing it to 'flop.'

That kind of accident reminds me of the H-D rider I passed on the interstate (I-95) in Miami yesterday. He had one of those S&S bikes w/the insane front extension, it looked like 20+" over, didn't notice if it was a hardtail or not, but it looked like it form the glance I got. We hit a pavement transition and his bike actually launched off the pavement and his day just got a lot more interesting! There was daylight under both tires/wheels simultaneously as well as between the seat and his butt! I saw the front forks bend instead of retract, they noticeably flexed what appeared to be at least a couple of inches, and then when that threw the entire bike up in the air, they flexed the other way as he came back down. I was wondering if he was gonna lose it. What a death-trap! He was outfitted just like the guy in that video of the H-D apehanger rider trying to broadslide his custom like the guy on the Sportster, a 'wifebeater,' sleeves of tatts, a beanie of some sort, and jeans. I bet that guy had to throw-out his BVD's when he got wherever he was headed!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back