Total remake of my max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean, the problem here is once the snow comes they put salt on the roads and no way is my bike getting that shit all over it. But cold doesn't bother me either but rain would get it so dirty it would never be the same. I rode my V65 year round mostly because that's the only wheels I had that winter. I remember passing a bank clock seeing it was -5 degrees fahrenheit and was going 135mph! I wonder what that chill factor was? Lol. Ed✨

I know what you mean, the problem here is once the snow comes they put salt on the roads and no way is my bike getting that shit all over it. But cold doesn't bother me either but rain would get it so dirty it would never be the same. I rode my V65 year round mostly because that's the only wheels I had that winter. I remember passing a bank clock seeing it was -5 degrees fahrenheit and was going 135mph! I wonder what that chill factor was? Lol. Ed✨

Wow that is Cold ED. it about -15 celsium. water left overs on the street can be really dangerous . even on a a big journey and in that temp the brakes might have some issues if not pressing the lever for sometime. i traveled in 2006 when i got my last transfer with my unit for 4 years. went with my max cause didnt have a car through the worst mountain ever in greece which name is "cursed" yeap that is the name of the mountain. there was snow didnt use the brakes for sometime cause i was going up this mountain with 5 miles top speed. the brakes when i need them were DEAD.
i found a video in youtube and that is a good weather hehe LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4gBXVUWg3o&feature=related

that is the condition i rode . even if they paid me i would never do that again . it was my first time crossing this mountain didnt think it would be so bad untill i saw it with my eyes. left from volos greece to go corfu island. 8 in the morning and reached my destination 12 midnight with 1 1/2 hour boat trip. i was blue like a smurf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UMojR2JZbU&feature=player_embedded#!

Yep, that looks like the weather around here in the winter, that first video, what music is that? And that looks like it would be a blast riding on it in the summer!! There's somewhere in Greece I saw pictures of, it was some islands called blue something, I can't remember but it looked like one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. If you know of it let me know. Thanks, Ed✨

made my laser cut scoop grills , i powdercoated thanks to eastwood gun. i made and for the 2 small air girlls but didint like it on the bike . you can see the holes i drilled . now i hae to find something else to install where the holes are. ant ideas ? ?

Attachments

• IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0042.jpg
    IMAG0042.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 26
Wow. Cool!
But I don't know which holes you are talking about....

Wow. Cool!
But I don't know which holes you are talking about....

Look at the extra 'gills' on the aftermarket scoops & you will see several holes.

You could put l.e.d.'s into them, maybe a flashing array synched to "Another one Bites the Dust!"

Or, just install some s.s. button-head screws/nylon washers & use nylock nuts on the backside.

I fancy the LED idea. Its a blingy bike so it will suit...

Truer words were never spoken!

I would choose another color for the scoop inserts. You need some contrast.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2072609_use-color-wheel-painting.html

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=color+wheel&view=detail&id=8E0E86301C7BA60B80199E61CA2BA5A5786AADB0&first=0

the green & purple is all one thread and those three colors (orange, green, & purple) are an example of triadic colors, mentioned in the #1 website

i am still searching it. i am thinking of led lights too but if i dont something i like i wont. i know my bike color is a litlte like a disco ball but i kind like it too. when my grills where the stainless steel color i didnt like it so much which had better contrast. gold warms the color a bit. plus all my other stuff forks , swingarms rims, brake clutch masters triple trees , motor engine covers, front and rear callipers are chromed. but all the other grills (belly pan) rear tail , the ones that cover the fuel ) are gold and is very nice. but i have to find definetely something nice to eye for the scoops cause is a main attraction in all V-max's

I like the ideas above, but here's another.
Stainless pop rivets. Quick and easy.

For the sake of a more-detailed finish, I would forego the s.s. pop-rivets for allen-head rounded machine screws, but the pop-rivets would be quick!

To my mind, the bike calls-out for the l.e.d. lighting idea to add to it's aforementioned "bling."

ok no leds in my scoops. i ordered stickers from a pro and turned to be sweet. hope you like it. i think i may be cool if i have him made and 2 sticker of carbon with the holes (grills) ready so to match it with the big gold ones

Attachments

• IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0062.jpg
    IMAG0062.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg