Transmission How deep

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkymax

Reaction score
My trans is locked up and I am going to have to split the case to repair it. Can I just go in frm the bottom of the engine or do I need to do a major dissasembly Pistons rods ect? Im hoping I have a broken fork.

Yep, flip it on it's top and take all the covers off (valve covers can stay on). There are a couple of retaining straps you need to remove and plenty of bolts so make sure you get them all.

Sean

Got the right and left covers off, the clutch out, water pump out, oil pan off, slave cyl out. Do I need to remove the flywheel and driven gear to take the trans out? Found a piece of shift fork in the pan. Also found a small spring and ball bearing when I took off the left cover but can't figure out where it goes to. It's not the ball bearing at the end of the slave cyl. rod.

Sounds like broken bearing in the trans. Flywheel can stay on.

Sean

Thanks Sean, Got it apart and it is a brokern fork. It look like it destroyed two gear sets also. I'm going to sit down tonight and figure out what parts I need.

Latest posts

Back