Tripmeter Knob - Odometer reset fell off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newride88

Reaction score
Hi,
I've noticed a few comments regarding the tripmeter falling off and now have the same issue. Does anyone have any advice on replacing a tripmeter knob/button... or does anyone have one lying around collecting dust? I'll give it a great new home!!

Any help would be appreciated ... I'm getting sick of doing the maths every time I fill up:Confused:

I don't think these are easily replaceable. You'll need to replace the speedo..

Best idea: fill up exactly on a 100 - for example 22400, then again every 100 :)

I don't think these are easily replaceable. You'll need to replace the speedo..

Best idea: fill up exactly on a 100 - for example 22400, then again every 100 :)

hehe yeah, the only problem is my speedo's in km/h not miles so it means filling up every 160-180km. I didn't think they could be replaced , thanks for the confirmation.

If itwas me i'd get a cheapo digital speedometer to keep track of the trips so I don't loose the OEM speedo and kill resale (if i was ever thinking of reselling)

Hi,
I've noticed a few comments regarding the tripmeter falling off and now have the same issue. Does anyone have any advice on replacing a tripmeter knob/button... or does anyone have one lying around collecting dust? I'll give it a great new home!!

Any help would be appreciated ... I'm getting sick of doing the maths every time I fill up:Confused:
Yep,mine broke off at about 70,000mi.I posted a thread on the VMOA and found no one with any knowledge on this.Maybe some one here can come up with a fix.Personally I think when the tripmeter knob breaks off.U gotta replace the hole speedometer.:confused2: Somebody please tell me I'm wrong!!

Last edited:
Mine just unscrewed from the unit (clockwise).
That won't be of much help if it's broke off inside though.

Latest posts

Back