Turn signal mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
My 90 Vmax turn signals never turned off, in fact I hadn't know for awhile that they ever should have, so I always had this habit of forgetting to switch them off. The solution was to wire in a couple of Piezo alarm transducers. I have them mounted in the headlight. Probably possible to run just one but seeing as they are one way I couldn't use the light circuit from the light circuit from the instrument housing. I'm sure it could be done but at only $2 each what the hell and I'm not a wiring genius anyway.

Since learning that the signals should have auto canceled anyway I found the PO must have nuked the old flasher and wired in just a generic flasher.
Problem now solved thanks to ebay and a second hand Vmax flasher which now does its job:eusa_dance:
Having said that the audible signals will stay because they do make the traffic aware that a bike is at the intersection and anything that saves my ass is got to be good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWjsEGdcovw

My 90 Vmax turn signals never turned off, in fact I hadn't know for awhile that they ever should have, so I always had this habit of forgetting to switch them off. The solution was to wire in a couple of Piezo alarm transducers. I have them mounted in the headlight. Probably possible to run just one but seeing as they are one way I couldn't use the light circuit from the light circuit from the instrument housing. I'm sure it could be done but at only $2 each what the hell and I'm not a wiring genius anyway.

Since learning that the signals should have auto canceled anyway I found the PO must have nuked the old flasher and wired in just a generic flasher.
Problem now solved thanks to ebay and a second hand Vmax flasher which now does its job:eusa_dance:
Having said that the audible signals will stay because they do make the traffic aware that a bike is at the intersection and anything that saves my ass is got to be good.

i like it.. very nice! how big were the transducers?

Over here people would just think there was a truck backing up somewhere... lol

They sound JUST like a back up beeper commonly used on large trucks with blind spots.

Chris

Sorry mate had a laugh at that one , along time ago my then mother inlaw was cooking in the kitchen she went outside to water her plants heard this beep beep beep walked to the roadside to see if there was a truck backing down the road , when she discovered there was no truck she went back to the kitchen to find it was on fire - Just maybe it WAS the smoke detectors .
:rofl_200::ummm::rofl_200::ummm:

Back