Turn Signal Questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizer sosa

Reaction score
I am replacing the turn signals on my 1989 Max. The wires on my new signals don't match the ones on the bike. While trying to figure out which wires went where I must have blown something. I have two questions. 1. which wires on the Max are positive, negitave and running light, ( they are blue, green and brown in color). 2. I checked the fuse's and they appeared to be fine. A friend said it might be a"relay". Any ideas on this. Thanks. As you probably guessed I am a novice at this.

You probably blew the main fuse.

blue=running
black=ground
brown=signal

correct me if i'm wrong tho? u can wire the turn signals any way you want? as long as one wire goes to neg and one goes to positive ur good to go?

(excluding running lights)

yep i believe you can play pretty much during the installation without blowing the fuses.
I guess you will kill the lights before the fuse :)

Yep...even running lights.

He probably grounded the signal to the headlight bucket and blew the main fuse. I've done that before.

Led signals require you to use a flasher relay,you dont need the blue wire if your new signals are a 2 wire hook up.

Led's don't require a relay, they require you to wire in a diode into the turn indicator light to prevent feedback.

Back