ugh...this is ridiculous

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
Wow....for those of you who read or are reading my other thread, I'm in the process of buying a home.

I can not WAAAAIIITTTT to have a garage. I just was forced to pay $60 for an oil change in my Miata (have to run Mobil 1 0W-40 which ain't cheap) and it doesn't make me happy. Need to have a garage so I can buy ramps, an oil drain pan, and some shop rags......ugh.

Anyone share my agony on this one?

Toughen up Bro. I once changed out an entire CV joint on a VW Fox right on the side of the street where all the ball bearings went flying because I didn't have the cash for a tow. I changed out a 5 spd tranny in my S-10 while parked in gravel outside in the winter in Ohio. You crack me up! Oil change in the garage!:rofl_200:

Toughen up Bro. I once changed out an entire CV joint on a VW Fox right on the side of the street where all the ball bearings went flying because I didn't have the cash for a tow. I changed out a 5 spd tranny in my S-10 while parked in gravel outside in the winter in Ohio. You crack me up! Oil change in the garage!:rofl_200:

Dude....I don't have anywhere to store any ramps, a jack, or jack stands where I'm at now. We're in a small ass apartment and up to our knees in boxes. It blows. That's why I need a garage. So I can BUY the things I need to change the oil, do brakes, etc. Plus they have rules at this apt complex against working on vehicles in the parking lot. It's gay.

Had to rebuild a broken plow frame once in February, 20 below zero, wind howling, flat on my back on the gravel/ice driveway!!

But not being a dummy I put a tarp up on the windy side and brought a trouble light under so I could warm my fingers every few minutes!

It could be so much worse Kozy!! :rofl_200:

Seriously, hope you get your garage real soon man! :punk:

It took me 44 yrs to finally get my own garage:eusa_dance: I rebuilt my previous bike in an unheated barn through the winter... nothing like frozen tools.
Enjoy it when you get it!

I used to work in my car in the street. I dont' know which makes me have more sympathy for you thou, the fact that you had to pay somebody to change you oil, or the fact that you own a Miata. ;)

My garage is full of my wife's " stuff " . I change oil and most other mechanical maintenance in my driveway, all year long. Thank goodness GA. has short winters ! I keep my bikes in a storage unit not far away with excellent security and electricity. I have both sides covered as well.

I changed transmission lines and a tranny cooler on an old plow truck.....on a plow job....in their yard......

An old set of fire department bunker gear comes in REAL handy.....

Waterproof and insulated :eusa_dance:

I used to work in my car in the street. I dont' know which makes me have more sympathy for you thou, the fact that you had to pay somebody to change you oil, or the fact that you own a Miata. ;)

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

C'mon now....if it was a REGULAR miata, I could understand you making fun of me. This is a drift car though. BIG difference.

I often offer my warm three car garage to my fellow Subaru friends that do not have one. We do total suspension swaps and everything in between. I like to share my garage that I dreamed of. It's the least I can do for the youngin's!

Brian

Built this truck At the age of 18 on a hill in a dirt driveway,was a totaled 8 foot bed truck that i put on a blazer frame. please excuse the pic quality they were 27 year old polariods.Im feelin for ya ,but cant quite reach.Good luck with the house.

Attachments

• 71 pick up on blazer frame.JPEG
    71 pick up on blazer frame.JPEG
    40.7 KB · Views: 15
  • summer 85.jpg
    summer 85.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 17
My garage is full of my wife's " stuff " . I change oil and most other mechanical maintenance in my driveway, all year long. Thank goodness GA. has short winters ! I keep my bikes in a storage unit not far away with excellent security and electricity. I have both sides covered as well.

What you call winter in Georgia we call May......:biglaugh:

What you call winter in Georgia we call May......:biglaugh:
I spent 6 - 7 winters in a combination of Marietta/ Tucker/ Norcross/ Doraville/ Duluth and the winters weren't too bad. I played USSSA softball at the Softball Country Club for all but 6 weeks of the year, they still played but I used it as my christmas vacation, 150 to 170 games a year is enough, lol.

I've owned two Miatas (2nd Gen) and outfitted both with Fumoto drain valves and Thompson Oil Filter Relocation Kits. Made oil changes a snap. About a 5 minute job. No jacking or ramps needed. Use the Fumoto drain valves on all my 4 wheel vehicles now. Have one on my Durango.

That's a LITTLE backwards don't ya think??

Yep, sucks not having a garage! I was blessed, and able to build a 24x40 back in 1999. It makes working on things a whole lot easier, and you don't have to scrape the frost off the car windows in the colder months...frost gets thick here in the winter, you can spend 15 minutes scraping just to be able to see out your windows.

I've owned two Miatas (2nd Gen) and outfitted both with Fumoto drain valves and Thompson Oil Filter Relocation Kits. Made oil changes a snap. About a 5 minute job. No jacking or ramps needed. Use the Fumoto drain valves on all my 4 wheel vehicles now. Have one on my Durango.

I'm definitely going to have to check into that. Sounds awesome! I've heard of the filter relocation kits, but also have heard that they have some pressure issues every so often.

Yep, sucks not having a garage! I was blessed, and able to build a 24x40 back in 1999. It makes working on things a whole lot easier, and you don't have to scrape the frost off the car windows in the colder months...frost gets thick here in the winter, you can spend 15 minutes scraping just to be able to see out your windows.

You're not tellin me anything I don't already know. We just moved out here this past October from Indiana. Believe me, I know ALL about cold, snow, and ice.

Latest posts

Back