Ugliest mod ever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy1ear

Reaction score
So my horn went out and I googled best motorcycle horn and picked a pair that should be loud. Came up with what I thought was a cool idea to mount em. But when I stood back to admire my work I think I wasted my Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_1383[1].jpg
    IMG_1383[1].jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1384[1].jpg
    IMG_1384[1].jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 212
You certainly did!!!
Paint one black and put it under that headlight behind the yamaha crossover bar.:rofl_200:

Go to your local bike wrecking yard & get a pair of Virago electric snail horns, made by FIAMM, they should be plenty-loud & cheap. I got a pair awhile-ago but haven't done anything w/them yet. Mebbe onto a family car...
horns2.jpg

Harbor Freight sells the WOLO I installed. Get a 20% off coupon off the internet & go shopping. The weekly magazine in your Sunday paper often has a full-page ad for HFT w/the 20%-off coupon.

I sure would like to hear those babies. Can you get a u tube vid going?:biglaugh:

I can honestly say i have never pushed a horn button while riding a motorcycle-
Never felt the need to squeak "excuse me" but instead used used all my fingers to steer the other way. I have also shown to many rider including lapd how important it is to learn to ride with 2 fingers resting on the front brake lever AT ALL TIMES.
Reaction times not only win races but save lives!!:biglaugh:

Never felt the need to squeak "excuse me" but instead used used all my fingers to steer the other way. I have also shown to many rider including lapd how important it is to learn to ride with 2 fingers resting on the front brake lever AT ALL TIMES.

Hahaha, I'm with ya. I have never sounded the horn on my bike. I mean, I don't think EVER! I couldn't even tell you if it works or not.

I pretty much always ride like I'm invisible and act as if no one even sees me. So it's my job to keep away from and avoid any kind of situation where I may get run over or into.

I tend to think that horns are a false sense of security for most people in their thinking that if they 'beep' someone may actually move out of their way. I hear too many stories of family/friends telling me that they 'beeped' as someone ran the red light or almost crashed into them, instead of taking an evasive maneuver. And most times I ever hear anyone beeping, it seems it does no good at all except to invoke a fight, instead of the intended response which would be to avoid a collision.

If horns were banned, or never installed on cars/bikes, I think more people would actually 'look' before driving like they're the only one on the road.

Vinnie

I have an air horn on mine and have to say it has saved me plenty of times. I also ride covering the brake lever as well as with my thumb covering the horn button so no need to panic looking for it.

Posted this to be funny. Never thought it would turn into an anti horn rant,,, only on the internet.
Who knew that only idiots and incompetents use a horn?
How's that for fanning the flames?

I personally apologize and didn't mean to add to the thread getting off topic, when I added that I don't use a horn either.

Reminds me of YouTube. I go there to watch some bikes, cars, drag racing,,,,,,,,,,, and then end up watching 2 elephants mate! WTF???
Talk about getting off track...................!

Hahahahah.

Vinnie

Posted this to be funny. Never thought it would turn into an anti horn rant,,, only on the internet.
Who knew that only idiots and incompetents use a horn?
How's that for fanning the flames?

Lol nice fanning now please do something with the one of the ugliest mods ever. Don't bother hooking them up. If you have case guards maybe consider mounting them down there or any where but where they are at.:rofl_200: And by all means use them they have saved my but if you never needed one you don't ride enough.

I wonder, could you mould an enitre scoop and turn it into an airhorn?
Had the same thought after I looked at the picture I posted. Could fit something smaller where the intake vents would be if it had them.
Am a little pregnent with the big red horns at the moment though. Am 60yrs old and could just treat it like the black socks I wear with my sandals and run with it? No one would care and some might get a laugh.

I personally apologize and didn't mean to add to the thread getting off topic, when I added that I don't use a horn either.

Reminds me of YouTube. I go there to watch some bikes, cars, drag racing,,,,,,,,,,, and then end up watching 2 elephants mate! WTF???
Talk about getting off track...................!

Hahahahah.

Vinnie

So where is the link for the elephants?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by johnpclynch View Post
I wonder, could you mould an enitre scoop and turn it into an airhorn?

Had the same thought after I looked at the picture I posted. Could fit something smaller where the intake vents would be if it had them.
Am a little pregnent with the big red horns at the moment though. Am 60yrs old and could just treat it like the black socks I wear with my sandals and run with it? No one would care and some might get a laugh.
Mr. 1ear -
I like your mod. Paint them black, and nobody would take notice. And they certainly would be effective!
Horns can be mounted in the scoops, but not without some major alterations.

Attachments

• Street fairing, scoop extensions.jpg
    Street fairing, scoop extensions.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Back