UJM Pr0n - Sanctuary RCM

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klatuu

Reaction score
"There are some fanatical Japanese tuning/customization shops, both for motorcycles and cars. One such tuner is known as Sanctuary. Sanctuary does complete rebuilds of older Japanese superbikes, including engine rebuilds, cosmetic restorations and modern performance parts."

These bikes show up on a lot of the motorcycle blogs (like Bike Exif ), becuase they are just masterpieces of resto-mod art. Sanctuary tends to focus on Kawis, from the Z1 to the original 900 Ninja, but they also do the original Katanas and some CB1100s. "RCM" means "Real Complete Machine", and they are complete, frame off resto-mods, with tons of modern updates and improvements. Reinforced frames, upgraded suspension components, braided lines everywhere, and just fanatical attention to detail. They are NOT museum peices, and are meant to be ridden. They're in Japan only right now, and they aint cheap $30-40K US, but like the ad says, "gorgeous pays for itself in the first 5 seconds".

kawasaki-kz1000.jpg

kawasaki-kz1000-3.jpg

052810top-i-700x480.jpg

201204218.jpg

B6060F10-3845-DF44-B2A1-55DC62EED59D.jpg

capturecyg.png

HondaRCM-156CB1100RDbySanctuaryTokyoWest01.jpg

HondaRCM-156CB1100RDbySanctuaryTokyoWest17.jpg

tghukf001-thumb-690xauto-1760.jpg

yagisama009.jpg

Very nice pictures.

I saw an article some place on them. Expensive labor that is for sure. Very nice machines though.

Makes me start thinking of what to do with my "free" time LOL. That is if I had any ever.....

Todd

I had a Kaw Z-1A back in the late 70s . It NEEDED about $ 5K worth of todays extras to make it safe regarding braking & turning. It didn't need any help in going ! I paid $ 1 K for it and sold it for the same . One of the few I let go of. :rofl_200:

Nice rebuilds, very well done.
But why spend som much money and energy on models like these?
The Kawa Z900 is a real classic, and maybe the 1100R but I would have used other models,
like Honda CBX 1000, Kawa 1300, Yamaha XS650 Kawa Z650, etc.
models, that are known classics B)
But hey, thats my opinion.

Nice rebuilds, very well done.
But why spend som much money and energy on models like these?
The Kawa Z900 is a real classic, and maybe the 1100R but I would have used other models,
like Honda CBX 1000, Kawa 1300, Yamaha XS650 Kawa Z650, etc.
models, that are known classics B)
But hey, thats my opinion.

If the KZ1000 isn't a "known classic", you might be the only one who doesn't know it :)

The other bikes you mention are classics, too, but not one of them won a Superbike championship in the late 70s-early80s. The KZs won 5, and were ridden by guys named Pridmore, Lawson, and Rainey. The Sanctuary bikes look like, and in fact are, street legal, modern versions of those bikes that were unattainable to mere mortals back then. And guess what age demographic has the disposable income to toss $30-40K at such a bike? The same demographic that was 15-25ish back then.

8DDA5E2AF64146BEA4EF39C3FFE87532.jpg

Imho the Z650 and the Z900 are the real classics in that range because the 1000 is just the bigger "follow up".
The Z1300 is a complete different bike and thus a classic on its own.

If you look through the eyes of a superbike racing fan, you will look at it differently, I can imagine that. From that view you are right.

Back