Ultrasonic solution

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mista_max

Reaction score
Just picked up ultrasonic cleaner from harbor freight. Any adcice on solution to use for carb cleaning?

Tks

Max

Sounds odd but I worked with an older guy used to build dune bikes from scratch.. he swears by original MR Clean. I used it once and worked as he stated....

i've heard good things about simple green.

will you be using rubber in there, i know that matters.

I was not planning on leaving any rubber gaskets in there. Does it make a difference. Do I need different solution ?

Max

local guy who has access to one at work was saying he uses MEK, acetone, IPA if no rubber.

Unless you are removing the throttle plates (which I don't suggest to do) then you do still have rubber in there. There is a rubber seal on each side of the carb that seals the shaft. You can get one side out without removing the shaft but the other side will not come out without the full disassembly.

I use pine sol. If they don't get clean, at least they smell good!

I rebuilt some old hondas before I got my Max. The carbs on the '81 Have press in low speed jets and they can't be pulled with pliers. The pine sol (and a LOT of soaking) cleaned even those up. The one I got has a heater as well as the ultra sonic.

I have a business rebuilding fuel injectors. The larger HF sonic bath is awesome. I just use a little soap in the water and it works great. With hot water.

I have a business rebuilding fuel injectors. The larger HF sonic bath is awesome. I just use a little soap in the water and it works great. With hot water.

I know where to send my diesel injectors if need I guess :biglaugh:

i use only water , white vinegar , and a little dawn dish washind detergent to break the water tension . this mixture works well enough for cleaning and wont Harm Plastic or Rubber. all the gunk in the carbs is turned into a alkiline material that ends up in suspension in the cleaning liquid . its a good idea to rinse with fresh clean water after the ultrasonic cleaning because the vinegar is acidic . no caustic chemicals , works great in heated ultrasonic cleaner. safe to use inside the house and it cleans quite well ................... and its cheap try it , you will be as suprised as i was good luck

Back