Understanding the air box function

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

Now my head hurts!

I wonder if the vmax airbox falls into the "tuned" category, or is it "just a box"??

Seems like the properly tuned stage 7's don't give up any mid range and see some gain on top so my vote is for the latter..

Definitely the vmax air box is tuned, on a stock bike I feel a little boost at 3000RPM & very strong acceleration to 6000RPM then vboost kicks in, bone stock carb & air box. above 6000RPM as said in the article the air box has no effect vs no air box. so all the good effects of a tuned air box are from 1000RPM to 6000RPM which is what's used in normal city riding.
IMHO the stock configuration is hard to beat.

What makes the Vmax airbox work well has nothing to do with the box itself. It has everything to do with the internal velocity stacks. To get good low and mid-range you need a long intake tract length which the stacks provide. At top end you need the length shorter which is really what the Vboost accomplishes. This is the reason Sean's jet kit out performs a Stage 7. Otherwise the airbox is nothing more than a filter holder.

Back