Universal sign of distress for a motorcycle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxcruiser

Reaction score
I posted this on another forum and it was suggested that I post it here.

This is for new and older riders that may not know;

The universal sign of distress when broken down on the roadside is to place your helmet (top up) on the edge of the pavement of the roadway and stay by your bike a safe distance from traffic. This is to let oncoming vehicules now that you need help.

Hopefully you never have to do this, but if you see this on the roadway, you know he/she is broke down and not just taking a look at the countryside, etc...

:cheers: Mike

THATS GREAT INFO !!! I JUST JOINED THE AMERICAN LEGION , AND THIER MOTORCYCLE CLUB ,90 + RIDERS, I'LL PASS THIS INFO ON AT THE NEXT MEETING !!! I HOPE EVERYONE WILL PASS THIS ON !!!!

Mine has always been and will always be...

Me running out in traffic naked... People always stop...

To laugh!

Good post!:thumbs up:

I posted this on another forum and it was suggested that I post it here.

This is for new and older riders that may not know;

The universal sign of distress when broken down on the roadside is to place your helmet (top up) on the edge of the pavement of the roadway and stay by your bike a safe distance from traffic. This is to let oncoming vehicules now that you need help.

Hopefully you never have to do this, but if you see this on the roadway, you know he/she is broke down and not just taking a look at the countryside, etc...

:cheers: Mike

OK what about those states that dont require a helmet? Not a very good sign for distress. I would have thought a white hankerchief tied somewhere would work for everyone. Ohhh well it sounded good anyways.

The sure fire method is to gently lay your bike on it's side, maybe using you jacket to protect it. and then sprawl out on the shoulder of the road about 30 yards down the road.

Works every time.

The sure fire method is to gently lay your bike on it's side, maybe using you jacket to protect it. and then sprawl out on the shoulder of the road about 30 yards down the road.

Works every time.

LOL.... yes I believe that method would work!:biglaugh:

Works every time.

Hehe that made me chuckle out loud that's for sure. :rofl_200:

Works every time.

Just add an Alkaselzer so you are able to foam from the mouth and I believe this will get it :rofl_200:

Works every time.

Hey come on Now!

It's a VMax... You should go at Least 50 yards down the road.

Latest posts

Back