Unknown frame braces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Reaction score
Can anyone identify the manufacturer of these ?
They came in the swap deal with a mate...

Attachments

• 20130505_1615191737770216.jpg
    20130505_1615191737770216.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 113
Don't look like Sportmax or dale walker braces, or any I've ever seen before from the euro websites either.

I dunno??

Too uniform for homemade.....
In my opinion they look fugly on the bike...going to look at solid motor mounts instead...

Yea, I'd agree on the home made thing. Might be some sort of German setup

Too uniform for homemade.....
In my opinion they look fugly on the bike...going to look at solid motor mounts instead...

Just because its home made doesn't mean it has to look bad... Most things done at home receive more care and attention that things done industrially the problem is that the tools available may not be good enough... :biglaugh:

I meant the brace bars in general look ugly mate....blocks the view of the motor...
Might have to get creative...
In the mean time thsee can go in the for sale section...

Just because its home made doesn't mean it has to look bad... Most things done at home receive more care and attention that things done industrially the problem is that the tools available may not be good enough... :biglaugh:

+1

I don't think if you saw one of my seats you would think they were " home made" but they are, and in not much of a " factory" at all! Never underestimate the abilities of a skilled , determined tradesmen.

Sure they fit the Max? The attachment points look wrong. :confused2:

Yes mate...have had them fitted

Attachments

• 2013-05-06 14.50.252028146141.jpg
    2013-05-06 14.50.252028146141.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 2013-05-06 14.51.07-1795359683.jpg
    2013-05-06 14.51.07-1795359683.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 44
Yes mate...have had them fitted

Went by the initial picture. There must be brackets for the rear attachment missing in that picture. Thought it just attached to a frame without other brackets.

I have been thinking about frame braces for some time but don't want to weld to the frame or pay a fortune. Also have to fit with Corbin seat without having to modify the seat. So far haven't found any that fit my needs...

Haven't seen any that look like yours though. They could be homemade based on what I have seen made by many of the forum members. There are a lot of talented people around. :worthy:

Looks like the seat end of the bracket is bolted through the seat rail to me.

You think holes were drilled through the frame rails? If so, that is not a good idea. I looked at both sides on my Max where the braces attached to the rear section and could not see anything to attach to. If not drilled then there seems to be brackets missing. :ummm:

Latest posts

Back