Upcoming surgery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost 20 pounds over the 2 weeks I was in the hospital. I look like a half-empty laundry bag. For those with a morbid sense of curiosity, here's a pic of the incision just after the staples came out. Do a google search on "Whipple surgery" to see what they did.

They installed a supercharger in you?! :rofl_200:

Glad to see you're on your way to recovery. :clapping:

Update for anyone interested: It was stage 2B adenocarcinoma, which means it attacks the lining around organs first, and we caught it very early, so they were able to get it before it actually moved inside the pancreas. There was a clear margin around the removed tumor, but the "B" means there were some lymph nodes involved, therefore the requirement for chemo. It will be a 6-month regimen, beginning May 3, one 30-minute session one day a week for 3 weeks, then the 4th week off, and repeat monthly, so it should be finished in October. They will monitor my blood cell count weekly, since a decrease in white cells would make me more susceptible to infection, colds, flu, etc. The main chemo ingredient is gemzar, which has few side effects, so I should be able to pretty much do everything normally throughout the chemo treatments. I'm hoping for a complete eradication of any remaining cancer cells by the end of the chemo regimen.

That's good news, I also have been praying for you, get better, and don't push things. If you get tired, take a break. Your immune system takes a hit from the chemo, and you don't need to make things worse. Be sure to address anything you notice w/your treatment team. Early intervention according to recognized standards of care should be the plan, and if you want a second opinion, I hope you have the resources to get it.

Great to hear everything moving along well. Being immunocompromised likely deserves some lifestyle adjustment while your undergoing the Tx. I'm still pullin' for ya!

Back