USD fork conversion spring rates

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Your scale is wrong Jimo.
I used a salvage yard scale some time ago and got 230kg around.
You should be close to 210kg right now.

Will have to re-weigh the bike and see what the accurate weight is. Know it is definitely super light, in the words of Veebooster "This thing isn't a Vmax, more like a sportbike in handling, acceleration, and weight.". About the only thing he said still reminded him of a Vmax was the sound:punk:

Sorry mate, I miss that.

All forks that ended in my dirty hands were equipped with 20mm valves.
As all Kayabas looks pretty the same I agree, they could use diffrent valving.
Still much to lern.

07-08 R1 are a diffrent story forks, 6 piston calipers etc.

I had found that theres no big diffrence which oil will ya put, donnor forks still use the same valves which limitates You possible changes.

Most defo I need diffrent valving. I think I will stick with Racetech gold kit.
On winter.

Whenever You will hear that someone claims that his USD conversion on his v-max went absofuckinlutly marvelous without big changes, that would be LIE like hell.

About the tools...I never bought any OEM tool for any bike I've had in my life. Im a machinist so I have a little comfort.
Im always making tools myself and bealive me this way somethimes sucks on the whole line.

No worries on that. I thought it just slipped or something.

I've been pretty pleased with the Race Tech stuff I've dealt with. Especially the 25mm cartridge kit. But I don't know if they could do something like that for our forks.

I hear you on fitting other USD forks to a Vmax. I don't even want to tackle that :rofl_200:

As I have a spare donnor for my zx10r forks I've said: damn, what da hell!

I was playin with my valves a little.
In basics, I've tried some revalving with my forks.
Im not a suspension guru and Its a new thingy for me.

But I have found it suprisly not dificult.

All what I've done was adding 2 shims to the rebound and commpresion pistons and fill the forks with 15W.
Assemble the whole setup with racetech 1,2kg springs.

Wow, what a diffrence!
Stiff like a concrete!
At the middle of both screws ajusters!

I think I need to remove per 1 shim or switch to 10W oil couse Its little to stiff now LOL :biglaugh:

Anyway, It works!

Will have to re-weigh the bike and see what the accurate weight is. Know it is definitely super light, in the words of Veebooster "This thing isn't a Vmax, more like a sportbike in handling, acceleration, and weight.". About the only thing he said still reminded him of a Vmax was the sound:punk:

Jim , did you weigh it yet ?

Back