• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Used 43 mm Clipons?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus36

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea to try some out. I picked a box of racer parts and there was a set of clipons, but they are 50 mm. That got me thinking.

I run the fork tubes one inch above the top clamp and no front fender, so the bars would mount above the triple clamp. Don't have rear sets yet.

I have read most of the posts here and it seems the adjustable clipons are the way to go, but not so common and very expensive when new. Those would be my first choice, standard clipons secondly.
I'm frugal (cheap), so if you have some thing you tried but didn't like or some in a pile, hit me up. Beat up, scratched, dinged is fine - Mad Max Wasteland is the theme.

I don't have any used but there were some inexpensive sets on ebay from China if I remember correctly. If you simply want the same overall feel you can get a set of clubman bars to do the same thing.

I agree w/Sean, clubman bars are easy to install, and give you the same stance as clip-ons. I do have a set I'm not using that I got as spares if I had to replace them on my FZR1000.

I don't have any used but there were some inexpensive sets on ebay from China if I remember correctly. If you simply want the same overall feel you can get a set of clubman bars to do the same thing.

I have been eyeing these on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331685449901?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I like the fact that you can adjust the height to clear the scoops or tank cover. I'm not running a tank cover at this time, but it would be nice to have the option to do so in the future, or just to be able to raise the bars. Not into laying down on a bike, but I do like to lean forward to the point that I ride with my feet on the rear pegs on both the Vmax and my Fatboy when solo or on a long stretch.

adambweird just offered to ship me a standard set for free!

Here you go:

s-l1600.jpg

Back