Users of v-boost full time open

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satariel666

Reaction score
Evryone knows that crappy idle with stage 7 and v-boost full time open?
Not matter how good You will sync Your carbs it will be still: blbp,blbp, blbp...bloof...or so.

Well I did get used to it.

Somethimes, accasionaly I use to have "kill" "shutoff" or so called.
Something like hiccups.
I did get use to it.

But yesterday was the day of change.

Just replace the wires from pickup coil with shielded, high quality signal cable.
Tadaaa!

Its a heven and hell!

With v-boost closed she can finaly run like a inline 4.
Imposible?
Just try.

Interesting. I'm wondering if you had a different issue because the lopey open vboost idle is normal.

Well, I cant say that I was unhappy with the stage 7 v-boost full time open.
Im not seekeing for the smoth idle like inline engines couse V engines will never run like that,
As You noted, crappy idle is normal in this setup and I get used to it.
I was not mad at occasional shutoff.

This was always at my to do list.
Just never had a time to do this.
Just for curiosity.

This will work for anyone but especially it will help guys with v-b f.t.o.
I use to run with idle around 1400rpm, always have a little problems with idle running around 1000rpm.
Always like she was loosing the signal somethimes.
Multilpe checked evrything, all was fine.

Now she runs very smoth at 1000, however typical hiccups are still noticble.
Imagine how this will improve the stocker?

Im running with dyna 3000 and COP's with resistors in series.
And yes, i've tried to swap back the stock tci and stock coils.
No diffrence.

I would gladly verify this with closed v-boost, stock ignition and stock carbs but i dont have that oportunity.
Maybe someone?

One note:
I cut the wires as close to the pickup coil as it was possible, soldered one end to the coil and plug the wires from the second end directly to the tci connector. Connected the shield form cable to the frame but only form one side, just above the tci, exaclty to the nut that holds the gauge cluster.
Im not sure about wires sizes in US but i went with 2x1.5 mm2, shielded, tripple isolated cable.

At the end, Im not saying this will improve the ignition for SURE and for EVRYONE, it just helped me.

One note:
I cut the wires as close to the pickup coil as it was possible, soldered one end to the coil and plug the wires from the second end directly to the tci connector. Connected the shield form cable to the frame but only form one side, just above the tci, exaclty to the nut that holds the gauge cluster.

Ah, I was wondering if you broke open the coils themselves.

mine has that typical noise, but never looses signal, not at least with the stock setup. My COPs were but i think they were defective and haven't had a chance to put 'em back on.

Back