V-Max face lift-FINALLY!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Ive been waiting for this for a while,finished it about a week ago and NOW I have pictures to share! I wanted a front fairing...so I got one.Here it is.I think It looks tough,generally Im pleased with it.I feel a big difference on the freeway when I really take off,That little wind screen makes a pretty big difference really.Lemme know if you nhave any questions.

Attachments

• IMGA0324.JPG
    IMGA0324.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMGA0325.JPG
    IMGA0325.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMGA0323.JPG
    IMGA0323.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 92
  • IMGA0326.JPG
    IMGA0326.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 93
Looks good!!!!

What kind of exhaust is THAT????

:ummm:

very nice. is it a cut down corece or whatever? also whats on ur passenger seat?

1st up-Kaboom, we THINK its the Dale Walker Hole Shot 4:2...but the previous owner must have taken the emblems off or somthing because theres NO markings on them,but they are tuned exhaust so I dont think they are home made,BUT I tipped them to make them a little louder.
2nd up- gamorg02, its a ABS universal fairing I picked up on Ebay,and the thing on my passenger seat is a fold down sissy bar I made because I didnt want it sticking up all the time.Works great at catching the girlfriend and is a little neater looking (in my humble opinion)that the usual bolt in place sissy bar.Folds up and down,padded back rest.Wanna see more pictures of it?

would love to see more pics of it man. yea interested on what ur headlights are too

the headlights were bullshit,Im sorry to be blunt but the bulbs were literally turn signal bulbs.The "low beam" was the running light filiment and the "high beam" was the brake light filiment. I cut them out and took apart a pair of crystal halogen running lights I had on the front of my bike previously and built those into the light sockets...so in basic im running "Pilot accessory light" bulbs as my head lights.They work well enough.Not as good as stock but looks better...I wouldnt have wasted my time even wiring it because the bulbs were so dim had I not replaced them. As for the sissy bar...here ya go!

Attachments

• IMGA0327.JPG
    IMGA0327.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 57
  • IMGA0328.JPG
    IMGA0328.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMGA0329.JPG
    IMGA0329.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMGA0330.JPG
    IMGA0330.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 45
the headlights were bullshit,Im sorry to be blunt but the bulbs were literally turn signal bulbs.The "low beam" was the running light filiment and the "high beam" was the brake light filiment. I cut them out and took apart a pair of crystal halogen running lights I had on the front of my bike previously and built those into the light sockets...so in basic im running "Pilot accessory light" bulbs as my head lights.They work well enough.Not as good as stock but looks better...I wouldnt have wasted my time even wiring it because the bulbs were so dim had I not replaced them. As for the sissy bar...here ya go!

The light output is no worries, up here the sun dosn't set during riding season.

yeah I do alot of riding in a pack so usually my lights are outdone by newer bike lights anyways.Generally Im happy with it.Might get even brighter bulbs later but for now they are fine.One of my favorite parts though is the need for after market blinkers on the front is gone,in the glass dome where the head light bulb is, there is another bulb to either side...those are my new integrated front blinkers built into the front headlight bezzel.

Thanks COPRUNNER,yeah the 1200 stick on numbers were a cheap way to keep everyone from asking "What CC is that thang?!" I like racing stripes...just kinda says "hot rod".I appriciate the compliments.

Is that a floorboard or a solar panel in your third picture?

What kind of radiator are you running?

I like the little fairing it compliments the bike very nicely.

Looks like a mirror to help light up the bike for the pic.

Looks good man! I like to see out of the box thinking and I see it in your bike.

The cans and head pipes don't look like Walkers though. Do you have better pics?

Chris

Naughty G: Its a solar panel,I threw it baxk there to get it off my bike for the picture,I picked it up for $20 and I leave the bike on it on sunny days.
The radiator is stock but I put a secondary radiator fan on the front of it as an added security on California hot days.I just cut the mesh out to fit the fan and put it back over the fan when I finished mounting it.Thanks,I realy appriciate the compliment.

4Gasem: I took a few pictures of the pipes,just quick pics.I bought the bike and the pipes were already on it,I dont know anything about them but they sound great.I dont know what they are and they COULD be home made but they are tuned so either this guy was really good or really lucky at makin pipes.I tipped them and put heat sheilds on them so disregard that when youre lookin at them.Ive also included a couple pics with the pipes from when I first got it before I did anything to them.Not sure if the headers are the stock ones or not...I am pretty sure they are but I hadnt thought to ask the guy before leaving and then losing his number.Maybe with some help I will FINALLY know what these pipes are,The Hole Shots were the closeset sounding and looking so I figured they might be what they started out as.

Attachments

• IMGA0331.JPG
    IMGA0331.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMGA0333.JPG
    IMGA0333.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMGA0334.JPG
    IMGA0334.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Copy of l_04a00f7111b64d849f0b640396360e96.jpg
    Copy of l_04a00f7111b64d849f0b640396360e96.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Copy of l_4c79c2c748b04db9afc0d53011bf8ecf.jpg
    Copy of l_4c79c2c748b04db9afc0d53011bf8ecf.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 24
i think they're supertrapps? they look a lot like it, but hard to tell. looks like oem headers too.

They're either Jardine's or Walkers old slip-ons. They were either one in the same thing or looked damn near identical. All the headers are stock and are a pipe inside of a pipe so your head pipes are no bigger then the ones in the back that aren't covered with a pretty chrome tube.

If you want a bit of HP and better sound, jump into a full system.

yeah they slip-ons,they just throw on there.Figured the headers were stock too and they did the "lets make em look fat" bit so they would sell better.I want a full system but I cant afford it right now otherwise I would have already been ALLLLL over it!One day though,no doubt Ill get a full system.Thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back