V-max seat???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcyam87

Reaction score
Just wanted to check and see if any body has a driver seat back rest pad for sale before I bight off the big 170 bucks for a new one. Thanks guys!!! :punk:

Just wanted to check and see if any body has a driver seat back rest pad for sale before I bight off the big 170 bucks for a new one. Thanks guys!!! :punk:

U mean the flip section?

Yup thats correct! I removed the flip section to fix the front seam and broke the plastic frame that the rectangular nuts are molded into. So I now have now way to afix the flip section to the driver seat. Thanks!!

okay. just wanted clarification. i'd check with morley, maybe capt kyle, they might be cheaper than new if they want to give one up.

I've got a complete seat I would sell. Not sure how much shipping would be though.

Yup thats correct! I removed the flip section to fix the front seam and broke the plastic frame that the rectangular nuts are molded into. So I now have now way to afix the flip section to the driver seat. Thanks!!

I've modified the plastic bases of the seats on my bike, quite extensively. Post a few photos of the damaged section. Might be a simple way to repair, if you are handy with your hands, and have some basic tools.
Cheers!

I've modified the plastic bases of the seats on my bike, quite extensively. Post a few photos of the damaged section. Might be a simple way to repair, if you are handy with your hands, and have some basic tools.
Cheers!

+1 to Miles. I had a similar incident. When I took my seat apart for the first time the bolts were so tight that the plastic surrounding the nut shattered.

I didn't feel like buying a new seat so I figured what the hell, l will try to fix this. I saw that the seat pan is ABS plastic so I just used ABS cement. I built a little dam and poured it around the broken area. It took a long time to harden (couple days) but, once it did I was able to reshape the area as needed and it has been fine ever since.

I'm sure some epoxy would work and eliminate the long waiting time. ABS cement was just what I had sitting around and I was in no hurry.

I think West System epoxy 105 would work well too. It is strong enough to drill and tap. It can be bought in small quantities. If you know anyone that works on boats, I'm sure they could get you some. Also, West Marine on line has it. It is like working with fiberglass. Good ventilation or respirator, and rubber gloves a must. It's only toxic when curing. It cost about $60 with hardner. You'll need some fiberglass cloth and matt also.
Steve-o

West 105 is the shit. At work we've got a big 5 gallon pail with a pumper on top for 105 (the resin), and then a variety of hardeners in smaller cans. I don't remember the exact numbers, but theres 205, 206, 208, ect, for hardeners. Each one is a different cure time....from fast(like 30 min) to super extra slow(overnight). If you mix it right and let it set up, that stuff could glue someone to the ceiling.

You can find it in smaller bottles at most boat/marine stores.

But ABS pipe cement is cheap and readily available at any home depot/lowes or local hardware stores. It takes forever to set up in thicker layers though.

A friend of mine who lived in Miami at Coconut Grove marina, at the city dock next to Monty Trainer's Restaurant, used WestSystem epoxy to redo the entire deck & hull of his vintage mahogany Bahamas sloop. It was an open design w/just a small foredeck, it was about 23 ft. wet @ the waterline. It came out beautifully, and he used it to charter daysailing and to teach sailing. He is a carpenter and set carpenter for film & stage. he said the stuff is the best, so when I see guys on here recommending it, I think you should give it a try & see what happens. Don't forget to take pics!

Latest posts

Back