V MAX virgin

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cartech71

Reaction score
So after drooling over every VMAX since I was a kid, the opportunity finally arose to get my first:eusa_dance: An 07 Max all stock (fresh canvas) . I picked it up from a local dealer here in Fresno CA. on 10-11-12!! I was so excited, but through the weekend my expectations seemed to falter. This bike that is so "Legendary" was not that great. . . It was kinda fast and everyone I came across wanted to race, and anyone car I went up against lost. There seemed something missing. When visiting with my cousin who has a sportster xl 1200 that seemed faster than mine I was disappointed:wave bye:
This morning I decided to look into the issue:ummm: Getting on this forum, I started looking at many different problems. Non seemed to fit my problem,but it got me thinking.:hmmm: I started by taking the seat off, and found the dork that put a new battery in my bike when I bought it, pulled out 2 coil wires so I was limping on 2 cylinders :bang head:
Now the Legend lives on in my heart and under my seat!!!!! HOLY COW!!!
This thing is FAST :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Can't stop smiling!

Glad you found your trouble, and it was so simple. Welcome to the forum.

time to visit the cousin, mwu-hahaha. it's so noticeable when only firing on three. i can imagine the shit-grin pulled across your cheeks when you twisted in the other two. LOL

Glad you found it. You just learned a valuable lesson. Trust no one with your bike. Find a techniciian in your area that has lots and lots of vmax experience. Welcome to vmax family, enjoy your legendary bad ass hot rod motorcycle, take it easy while you learn how to master your 07. Always liked the 06 & 07s.

Thanks everyone! I still have that smile, and I've been off the bike for an hour!
I'm in central Cali unless you consider that so.cal. I don't :biglaugh: Oh and I just came back from the cousin's . . . . funny, he had the same shit eatin grin I had. He admitted at 100 the mirrors shake LOL Off I go !!

Now for some rematches and tell them you finally figured out how to ride it and you're willing to put some money down. Might be fun to see the grins leave their face when you put the hurting to them!

Sean

Somewhere there are a few bikers bragging they beat a V-Max... :rofl_200:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on finally getting your VMax!

Similar story... back in the 90's I worked at a Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki dealership. Guy buys a new VMax and after about a month brings it back in for the initial maintenance or an oil change or something. While checking over the bike the mechanic discovers that one of the spark plugs was broken, probably that way from the factory by the looks of it. The owner takes it home and then promptly brings it back and trades it in for some other bike. Claimed it was too fast now that it was running on all 4 cylinders.

I have a couple friends that won't even ride my VMax because they are intimidated by it. Half the fun of owning a VMax is the Legend. Ok, maybe that is only 1/4 of the fun. :rocket bike:

...I have a couple friends that won't even ride my VMax because they are intimidated by it. Half the fun of owning a VMax is the Legend. Ok, maybe that is only 1/4 of the fun.
44.gif
hehehehe. i know a ducati squid that'll think twice the next time i ride with my buddy and him. bwahaha.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on finally getting your VMax!

Similar story... back in the 90's I worked at a Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki dealership. Guy buys a new VMax and after about a month brings it back in for the initial maintenance or an oil change or something. While checking over the bike the mechanic discovers that one of the spark plugs was broken, probably that way from the factory by the looks of it. The owner takes it home and then promptly brings it back and trades it in for some other bike. Claimed it was too fast now that it was running on all 4 cylinders.

I have a couple friends that won't even ride my VMax because they are intimidated by it. Half the fun of owning a VMax is the Legend. Ok, maybe that is only 1/4 of the fun. :rocket bike:

I bought my '92 from the dealership after the original owner put ~1700 mi. in the 1st year on the bike and then traded it in on a v-twin cruiser, it was "too-fast." So, next year I will have had it for 20 years.

Glad you found the prob! The bike must have been a DOG on the two cylinders! Can't believe it even ran well enough to ride it!

With regard to these bikes being TOO FAST, for starters, there is no such thing, BUT, I would follow that sentiment with another comment... Sometimes, I just flat out don't feel like having my arms ripped out of their sockets, my eye lids peeled back like banana skins, and me ear drums blown out. I find that I cannot enjoy the scenery or peacefulness as much on the vmax, because one thing is for certain.... it is NOT a "peaceful" bike! There is still a spot in my garage for a good old v-twin dog. Something for hitting the back roads and watching the leaves blow and just enjoying a 55mph ride. Enjoy the new bike man!

I also find it amazing it ran at all as a twin! Glad you found out and made it back to what it should be.. Now you want to give those carbs a good sync (which probably hasn't been done for a while either) and it'll feel better again :cool:

Welcome to the forum - best Max place on da interweb!

Sweet..yeah i went from 3 to 4 cylinders..STILL smilin.
congrats. ;)

Mine was a vtwin when I got it as well and I'm not sure the guy I got it from knew it.he thought it was fast but I knew better.a couple plugs got her hitting on all four and some carb work kept it that way.glad you like your bike.

Like is a vast understatement ! It's my new girlfriend :) until I find someone who wants on back. Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome.

About a month ago, I took my Vmax to the bike shop to have new tires installed, and told the tech, a Vmax owner himself, that I had recently synched the carbs, but I had one carb I just couldn't get quite right. But after some Sea Foam, it was starting and idling smooth, but just didn't seem to have the "spunk" it used to have. I had been riding my other bike about half the time, an NT700V, so it wasn't as noticeable as it should have been.
When I picked it up, he told me I was running on 3 cylinders above idle. He replaced the bad plug wire. I asked him if the old "88 was going to need engine work to get back the zip, and he said, heck no, it was stronger than his '95 now.
Boy, what a difference that made! The old girl's snarl is back and with the new rubber, really rides nice again

Latest posts

Back