Vanity plates?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeduckman

Reaction score
What's the concensus of this fine forum on the topic of vanity plates? I've always thought about getting one, but never have. Now I need new plates on the new max....and I'm thinking about it again. So, do these bikes possess the attitude to justify the cockyness; or are they already cocky enough as is?

If you have vanity plates, what are they? If you've thought about it, what would you put on yours? I'm not planning on stealing your ideas, as I have some of my own.....just checking it out.

Back in 1987, I had the rear fender lettered "Godzilla".
About 8 or 9 years ago, I got the vanity plate "ZILLA".

I've still got the plate, even though the bike has a new plate now. I'm thinking of going down to the DMV and getting it reactivated.

My Roadstar has the elegantly tasteful plate "RICE", and my wifes 400 Burgman scooter has "NOPCKL".

What does "NOPCKL" signify?

Any old timers remember Arlo Guthrie's "The Motorcycle Song?".
"I don't wanna pickle, I just wanna ride my motorsickle..."

first pic is the one on my 97. second is the one on my 89. i was denied by the DMV 3 times when i applied for the one on the 97 cause of sexual connotations. i reapplied using clymax, got it and then reapplied for climax, with a card from an attorney and a copy of the registration for the 89-somehow it went thru this time. after all the trouble i went thru to get these plates, i make sure to renew them every year!

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 52
  • 304.jpg
    304.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 53
Back in the 80's, I had "XLR8". Nobody got it but me. It may have been because of the small size in KS. ??

Back in the early 70's when vanity plates were fairly new, I had a friend that got "4NIK8" for his car. Had it for a couple months before they realized what it meant and recalled them. Someone must have complained.

I keep em on all my vehicles, the one on my Max is V4MNSTR

Back in the early 70's when vanity plates were fairly new, I had a friend that got "4NIK8" for his car. Had it for a couple months before they realized what it meant and recalled them. Someone must have complained.
THATS GREAT ! THATS WHAT I'M ALL ABOUT ! LAST YEAR AT THE DRAG RACES THERE WAS A PLATE ON A PICK-UP THAT SAID " RUB1OUT " WE WERE FUCKING DYING LAUGHING !"LOL":rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

My wife and I were looking for a bike that she could ride on with me ( she won't rode on the back of my ZX-11:ummm: ) We looked at a lot of different bikes and she chose the Max ( so who am I to say no????? ) So the plate is:
4NOVA

i was gonna get one that said HOGETR but my ridin pal has a hog so.......:rofl_200: i settled on SHARPY everybody calls me sharpy. they will know who i am if they r behind me:rofl_200::punk:

Back