Vboost Cable Problem Resolved

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie2ee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not a common Vboost problem.................I discovered that the cable attachment to the DC servo motor housing was not installed properly....................there's apparently a small collar that fits into the housing to align the cable with the pulley on the motor....................someone before me had tightened down the clamp without having the collar positioned inside the recess/hole in the little arms that stick out from the housing and guide the cable................should of taken a picture......................they tightened down the clip which holds the cable housing in place and the cable was rubbing against the clamping bracket...............enough to stop the motion of the cable. Not a big fan of removing the Vboost servo motor, what a PITA, took me 4 hours to get it out and then back together again...............fortunately my Vboost controller is working and now I have Vboost, nice to have. I now think that my other project to replace the DC servo motor will revert back to using the existing DC servo motor which works................don't want to go thru that removal process anytime soon.

Back