Vboost idle question....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentsee

Reaction score
Hey guys!I just installed a SASY vboost controller(pretty Cool so far)I had my bike sitting at idle, and I was just playing around with the settings to see if it actually works.But when I would set the vboost at 1800(the full open option)My bike would die at idle!!!It would fire right back up again but it did die,also when I switched to a boost setting the idle would become rough!!!My bike normally sits at 1050rpms and it idle like a kitten,I was just wondering what I would have to to do as far as tuning.Or is it normal for the bike to run different with the Boost on.Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!!!!As I'm scared shittless of anything to do with the carbs!!!!:ummm:

I don't have the SASY but when you have the boost on full time it open the butterflies and draws from both front and rear carbs so its gonna run rougher at idle. As for it dying, you may be to rich and its choking the engine out. Id leave the controller set at around 4-5K, anything below that is pointless. Then make sure your carbs are synchronized well.

I don't have the SASY but when you have the boost on full time it open the butterflies and draws from both front and rear carbs so its gonna run rougher at idle. As for it dying, you may be to rich and its choking the engine out. Id leave the controller set at around 4-5K, anything below that is pointless. Then make sure your carbs are synchronized well.

+1 much rougher, i have to keep it around 1200 rpms to make it sound happy.

also opening it sooner is ok as long as you have your carb chains hooked to your camshaft...

I believe the SASY website tells you that it will be rough at idle due to the over rich setting as per Kenny's post. In general Yamaha got it right with the original set up and most mods show reduced power at some point in the power band when V-boost comes in earlier.

I keep it set at 4500rpms for the most part.I tried the lower settings,But I didn't like it.Thanks guys!!!

Latest posts

Back