VBOOST MAG for public Sale?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
Hello fellow VMAX enthusiast,

The VMOA has been contemplating the option of going public with the sale of the infamous VMOA VBoost Magazine. Here is your chance to speak up if you'd be interested in influencing us to open up the ONE and ONLY VMAX publication that has been around for well over a decade!

I am including a downsized PDF sample of one of our prior publications. The VBoost Magazine is a full HIGH RESOLUTION color front to back publication with over 40 pages of reading.
We have just recently opened the submission or articles to any vmax owner around the world.

Please take a moment, open the VBoost Magazine sample PDF (not high resolution due to size of file) and see what we are talking about.

http://vmoa.net/MAG-SAMPLE/VSample.pdf

http://vmoa.net/MAG-SAMPLE/VSample2.pdf

THE VMOA WANTS TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE ON THEIR THOUGHTS OF SELLING THIS MAGAZINE TO THE PUBLIC INSTEAD OF KEEPING IT PRIVATE ANYMORE......

Thanks for your responses!

Yup, sounds like a good idea, but how? how are you going to market and distribute it and after marketing and distribution costs can it make any money? What are you guys thinking for price?

Hi Rick,

At this time we are just seeing how the public welcomes the VBoost Magazine. If the interest is there that people will buy the magazine, then all of the details come after planning process. Pricing will have to be thought out. We know what it cost to produce the magazine, but then you have to take into account now subscriptions and assure you at least break even. Postage is the hardest part since USA and all other postage are of various prices therefore this is where we need to be careful with pricing.

As for now, we are only concerned with the question "Would you buy the VBoost Magazine" if it was for public sale?

Thanks for the question.....

Yup, sounds like a good idea, but how? how are you going to market and distribute it and after marketing and distribution costs can it make any money? What are you guys thinking for price?

Mike, Isn't that like asking a monkey if he wants a banana? Maybe we should take some of the extra past issues we have and drop them off at motorcycle shops and see what kind of feedback we get. I think I could get some into a least one yamaha stealership!

Would going public change the the basic charter of the VMOA from a volunteer driven non-profit to something else? Would the VMOA then need a lawyer and a tax attorney? What would be the expenses incurred? Would the VMOA then be incorporated business? How would that square with Yamaha Motor Corporation? Would the officers then start drawing a paycheck? Could get complicated legally but maybe that is the direction the VMOA needs to grow. How would the members feel, if the VBOOST didn't make a profit, having their dues support it. Since the VMOA now has a tiered membership why wouldn't members in the top tier reduce their membership to the lowest and then buy the VBOOST publically? Then too would members just stop their membership and simply buy the VBOOST?
If it does go public the editing would need to become more professional because there was way too many errors. Jasse sending a copy to the directors for proof reading obviously doesn't work very well.
Many questions to be answered. Maybe the most basic is; Is there a market for a magazine about a cult motorcycle?
David Tavares

I would buy it. However, in today's digital age, wouldn't it be more beneficial to have a digital copy that is viewed on-line/tablets/phones?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Mike, Isn't that like asking a monkey if he wants a banana? Maybe we should take some of the extra past issues we have and drop them off at motorcycle shops and see what kind of feedback we get. I think I could get some into a least one yamaha stealership!

Speaking from experience, I have done that when I was a Director. I had never received a call back asking for more. I suspect the magazine found it's way to the shitter and then at some point got trashed.
David Tavares

I think it is a great idea. Just like Dave said there are a lot of things to think about. But it can't hurt to give it a shot. If it works great if not then at least we tried. I also like the idea of doing it digitally online like someone just mentioned.
Anyway I like the looking out of the box to try and better our cult lmao :rofl_200:

I think it is a great idea. Just like Dave said there are a lot of things to think about. But it can't hurt to give it a shot. If it works great if not then at least we tried. I also like the idea of doing it digitally online like someone just mentioned.
Anyway I like the looking out of the box to try and better our cult lmao :rofl_200:

It is already available digitally to members. We have an online only verison and there is a tiered membership that offers only that feature.

I too have left many copies at various dealerships to find no contacts from there or calls for more. I do better when I meet up and hand out copies to prospective members. Just last week I met up with someone that bought some parts from me and I gave him a few old copies. Just saw him join up with our group without question a few days back just from reaching out to this individual.

Speaking from experience, I have done that when I was a Director. I had never received a call back asking for more. I suspect the magazine found it's way to the shitter and then at some point got trashed.
David Tavares

I thought only admin can do that?

picked this from another thread

icon1.gif
Re: Do we have a poll feature in this forum?
Hi Firefly: Yes, there is a poll feature. When you start a new post, title it accordingly as your poll. Add your text to the reply box. Scroll down to the next box "Additional Options" There you will see a box to check to start a poll. You can have up to ten poll options. Hope this helps.

G Man

Was going to do it myself, but since there are so many options I`m not sure what you would like

Latest posts

Back