Vboost not opening all the way pics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
My Vboost isn't opening 100% maybe 50%. It looks like there is slack in the first cable from the servo. The servo cable slides within a black plastic rectangle before actually grabbing it to open...:confused2:

Pic 2 &4 are open pull pull but the butterfly is only 50%

Ideas?

Attachments

• vmaxvboost 002.jpg
    vmaxvboost 002.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 72
  • vmaxvboost 004.jpg
    vmaxvboost 004.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 71
  • vmaxvboost 005.jpg
    vmaxvboost 005.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 66
  • vmaxvboost 003.jpg
    vmaxvboost 003.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 62
So you've felt in there and can feel that it's not opening all the way?

Chris

Yea. I'm guessing maybe 60% and I can manually open 100% but the cable slack in the black plastic block is preventing full open. Just slides through.

where the red circle is right?

Attachments

• vboost.JPG
    vboost.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 62
Couldn't find a size on the parts microfiche, but that's the one.
I'll find my service manual and see if it's in there.
Edit: I couldn't find a size in there either.

Hard to see on the microfiche im looking at. Part number 92017-05010 ?

Whats the clearest looking microfiche online?

Thats the cleanest Iv seen thanks.

Yes part # 92017-05010-00

I found a 5mm but its to long. 10mm should be? OK..

they all use the same pictures, ones just as good as the rest. biekbandit and ronayers work well.

i'm looking at part # 16

if it fits and doesn't bind on anything i gotta imagine it would be ok? can it come out the other side?

Cut the screw to 10mm and installed. Looks like Im getting close to 100% hard to tell exactly. Maybe additional 3/16" of travel on the black plastic block.

Fully open pics.

Attachments

• vmaxvboostsetscrew 001.jpg
    vmaxvboostsetscrew 001.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 31
  • vmaxvboostsetscrew 003.jpg
    vmaxvboostsetscrew 003.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 29
You may want to check to make sure it's closing all the way as well... As you can see you can adjust it.

While you have it all apart you should clean inside the V...

OK sorry... That's the clean freak coming out in me...

You may want to check to make sure it's closing all the way as well... As you can see you can adjust it.

While you have it all apart you should clean inside the V...

OK sorry... That's the clean freak coming out in me...

Vboost is closing, but hard to tell if perfectly horizontal when 100% open.

What do you tackle grimey areas like the V area with. Dont want to scratch the gloss paint. And can I polish and wax my engine? Suggestions on products?

Whats the best cleaner for plastics?

I had the same problem. You have to do the things i will tell you.

1st remove filter box.
2nd remove carbs not completely. Just pull them off so you can see the black small box that goes up and down and the vboost butterfly under it.

3rd turn your key on. You hear 2 wzzzzzzzzz .......wzzzzzzzz
in the first wzzzzzzz the vboost butterfly must be fully open. When the first wzzzzzzz ends and before the second begins(which closes the butterfly) you turn your key off.

Now your vboost logically must be fully open.
Put your finger and try to pull what the cable that comes out from the small black box. If you cant pull nothing then your vboost is full open. In the other hand if you pull more than the small black box cable can then dont worry. The small black box has a screw in the middle. There is also an adjustment screw beneath where the cable of the small black box ends. Adjust them both in that way so that the butterfly will fully open. Dont be confused it is very easy when you see it. I hope i gave you a hint to help you out. Cheers from greece mate

Latest posts

Back