VBoost removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMantis

Reaction score
Hello chaps,

I'm going to be removing my vboost system in order to fit my supercharger (that's the plan anyway).

Am I right in thinking that the whole vboost set-up consists of the controller, the motor/solenoid and the set of intakes with the butterfly valves? Or is there more to it?

Also, do you reckon I'd be better off selling that as a set with my old carbs to someone with a castrated VMax or a Venture? Or would you recommend that I just part it all out on eBay? I need to offset the cost of this thing somehow! :hmmm:

Cheers!

Correct, that's the system minus the wiring.

I'd sell it separately...there's always folks looking for those individual pieces except for maybe the servo motor. That rarely goes bad and believe only the Japanese models lack Vboost? I'm too lazy to look through my files lol.

Correct, that's the system minus the wiring.

I'd sell it separately...there's always folks looking for those individual pieces except for maybe the servo motor. That rarely goes bad and believe only the Japanese models lack Vboost? I'm too lazy to look through my files lol.
He is in the Uk and they don't get them there either-If i were you i would list it as a whole there in the UK and i am sure someone there will buy it.

I would sell as a complete setup. Servo w/Cable, Crossover Valve (manifolds are not needed), and Control box.

Sean

That's brilliant, thanks. I'm still finding my way around my Vmax really. I've not had much time for casual fettling! So thanks for the help.

The Mantis.

Thanks! Good tip about the EU Vmaxes. I'll make sure I advertise it with European & Worldwide postage.

I'll get it listed as soon as I've got this blower running.

Cheers,
Mike.

Back