VGAS carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

przemek31982

Reaction score
HI Everyone!
I have 2006 VMAX pretty much stock other than cobra exhaust that I drilled out.:eusa_dance:
I have pick up Vgas carb kit from ebay for 1k, half price, and now i really wonder if that was good idea?
I like the look of the carbs and I was thinking to go with ram air scoops from ufo.:biglaugh:
Reading forum now and looks like ufo wont respond if I need help sometime.....:confused2:

Just looking to improve hp., will love to get 130RWHP:punk:

any thoughts are welcome, I did not pay for the carbs yet but seams to be a good deal?:ummm:

You're gonna want new exhaust, too. I've got a full Hindle setup you can have for $200 (plus shipping). Cobras don't scavenge properly as they are 4->4.

Sean Morley ([email protected]) is the main HP guru around here (and a great vendor, and a helluva good guy to boot), he can tell you the best ways to get HP from your bike. The best way to contact him is thru Email.

Actually the NY company you got them from should be happy to answer your questions as they are a premiere Vmax shop know for their Tourmaster motor and other great builds. Try emailing them back.

If you got them from PCW John will be happy to talk with you. He is a Nice guy. IF you wanna make power you need to ditch them cobras there is no use running them carbs with slip ons specially Cobras

I would not recommend it, not a good option for a stock bike. I would first prepare the bike for them if you in fact want them. They have a cool factor but are a problem for the knees as many have noted and complained about, i think that the PCW setup is better made as it doesn't have the protruding stacks. For using those carbs the bike needs to breathe better and the first thing is a full exhaust as mentioned to open its throat. I wanted to install some in the past but came to the conclusion that a properly setup stock set of carbs is better (either DJ stage7 or morleys jetkit).

Nothing wrong with Vgas. Flat slide carb bout like any other with a different manifold orientation putting the intakes out instead if in.
They have a few draw backs in that they will make you smell like gas sometimes, the filtering isn't great running the Vstacks, and some people's Knees hit the stacks.
They can be a little difficult to synch because they don't mechanically link the left and right sides. It has a split cable instead

If you don't like em I'd give you $900! ;)
My 1540 could use flat slides.
You did get the throttle cables too I hope.

Being over 6' tall those stacks really don't work for me at all as my knees were getting sucked into them. The scoops are cool and are just fine against my knees. A full exhaust and crank vent are a must.

Thanks for the replay guys,
if I get them I will run them with ram air scoops from ufo, and thinking full exhaust quadzilla will be great. Just wonder if its really worth it the hassle:ummm:
or shuld I get Morley carb kit:ummm:

I would say the morley kit....it can work from mild to wild, its cheaper, and you can follow set ups on here that other people post. It and a good exhaust system, can get you into the 120's....just not to 130 hp.

Wow, just email Sean about carbs and building HP, and hi answer it in 15min, this is first class customer service!

Whats is the real HP for the vgas carb kit with full exhaust, people saying that they can make close to 140hp but I have hard time to believe that.

Get used to it. This is a great place. So many guys on here know so much stuff, it's not even funny. And they aren't trying to keep any of it a secret.

I have Vgas carbs and I really like them, I run mine with a full Kerker 4-1 header. Which at least to me is the best sound you can get from a Vmax. But, that's just my opinion. There are a lot of guys here that hate ANYTHING that comes from UFO but I think that was more directed at the owner Jon Cornell who passed away last July. I do think they make really nice stuff but you can't beat Sean Morley for customer service. He's helped me more than anyone ever and he will definitely work with you no matter what parts you have on your bike. And back to the Vgas carbs, I have BIG honkin stacks sticking outta mine but I'm only 5'8" so even with my forward controls they don't hinder anything for me. And I've had great results and performance gains with mine. Regardless, call Sean, He's definetly the man when it come to mods. Good luck, and WELCOME! To the best forum you'll ever find. PERIOD!

Last edited:
Vgas is right next to a blower for visual appeal that's functional. Not necessarily more functional that other ways of getting it done but loads more visual appeal.

I seriously doubt 140 on a stock bike, even with a good exhaust. Might be worth something but I'd think 140 would have to be on a a real "happy" dyno

I put a set on a friends bike and there was a "no doubt about it" seat of the pants improvement for what that's worth.

The guy at UFO that everyone bags on is dead now, his products were good tho, and someone else has taken over the business and that's yet to pan out. I always had good dealings with him.

Nothing near Sean on customer service though, no one can touch that.

Latest posts

Back