Vmax crash, need help getting her running again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds odd.

Could be some debris in the fuel system. I'd check the fuel filter. Could also drain the float bowls into a clear jar to see if its clean.

Could also be an electrical issue.

When the bike wasn't running correctly, what was it doing when you gave it gas? Did it sound normal but no go, did it bog, did it shake....

It was definitely bogging down, once it gear it wouldn't run past 25krpm. In neutral it wouldn't idle, but would rev up fine. That Tuesday.

Today it idled and revved up perfectly, and continued to do so while I sat in the garage and shifted into first and second.

So how do I post pics? All I see is an option to post an URL to your pic..is their a way to upload directly to this site? I maintain zero social media presence nor have I ever joined a site that host pics.

So how do I post pics? All I see is an option to post an URL to your pic..is their a way to upload directly to this site? I maintain zero social media presence nor have I ever joined a site that host pics.
Go to the bottom of this box and click 'go advanced" then look for the paperclip next to the smiley face with the green background and click that. Manage attachments will come up- click 'choose file' and on the left should be your camera plug in or your inserted card from the camera.

Sorry, it seems I can only post one pic per post.

Broken throttle cable adjuster and bent break lever.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 12
Bent break pedal jammed putter clutch case. I don't think it broke all the way through, just broke the outer insert, I hope.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 11
Shot from underneath where most of the exhaust leak is coming from.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 8
Show bent handle bars, bent break lever, and busted turn signal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 10
Also need mirrors, no big deal I should have a spare. At the time I was just running one small mirror/bar end combo on the left side. And need fork seals, the left seal was barely leaking before the crash, no it's pretty bad. Maybe I can get some stiffer springs at the same time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 17
Also need mirrors, no big deal I should have a spare. At the time I was just running one small mirror/bar end combo on the left side. And need fork seals, the left seal was barely leaking before the crash, no it's pretty bad. Maybe I can get some stiffer springs at the same time.
I have some round carbon fiber bar ends I can send you. Not the beauts Rusty sent. They are GOLD.

Check around the carbs and make certain that everything is seated.....it kinda sounds like there is a vacuum leak, and thats why the carbs are acting weird. You can spray the area with WD-40 with the bike idling, and if the rpms change, there is a vacuum leak.

Check around the carbs and make certain that everything is seated.....it kinda sounds like there is a vacuum leak, and thats why the carbs are acting weird. You can spray the area with WD-40 with the bike idling, and if the rpms change, there is a vacuum leak.
Change meaning rise in rpm.

PM your address.

I tried PMing you, but it says I have zero sent messages. I'll just post by address here...

Andrew B
3185 Deer Path Drive
Grove City, OH 43123

And thank you so much. You are awesome.

And thanks to everyone on this forum, your guys support is amazing.

Back