vrod mistake

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
I'll try & keep to the point. while leaving town yesterday I noticed what I thought was a cruiser pull out on the hyway ahead of me. I'm curious as to what it was so I ease on the gas to real him in,,,,He rolls the throttle & stays just ahead of me,,, it goes like this..65mph,,,75,,,,,85,,,,& he just isnt coopoperating,,, so I pin the go juice & take up the space like gangbusters, I'm clipping by him at about 115mph..no big deal, pull the clutch in & wait for him to catch up, he just keeps slowin dwn and wont come along side, 50mph,,,the catch is that when I went by I seen that it was a vrod!! man I just wanted to play around but I think I scared him away. I think I can take a vrod, I wouldnt mind loseing iether, just wanted to play.

Shorthair..........

Vrods are fair game an are no problem for the vmax its just a Harley no big deal:rofl_200:

I think they are fun to race I look at it this way if you want to be the big dog lets have a go if not well just stay on the porch and the vmax does not stay on any porch period:punk:

I rode a New Vrod a couple months ago.... Very disappointing for sure, nice smooth bike but totally lacking in power. Will be NO problem for your Max.

I ride a Harley and a VMax. My Harley's a Hot 1200 Sportster. I love blowin those VRods off either way...:biglaugh: Great Story..

They call my Sporty a Girls Bike, 1 Time..........They know to watch out for VMaxes.

bout teh only Harley I would buy, but they are quite a bit slower than Us.

Sat on a custom , lowered , good looking black vrod with a silver racing stripe at the local HD shop , but they wouldn't let me take it for a shakedown ride when they found out what I was riding. Asked me what it would take to trade in my custom c.f. / black '98 on the rod + $$$ . I told 'em if it was faster & better in the corners than my max I'd trade. About that time their best mechanic walked by and laughed 'cause we have ridden together and he had a max years ago. He just told the sales guy not to waste his time on me & kept walking.

:rofl_200:

Sat on a custom , lowered , good looking black vrod with a silver racing stripe at the local HD shop , but they wouldn't let me take it for a shakedown ride when they found out what I was riding. Asked me what it would take to trade in my custom c.f. / black '98 on the rod + $$$ . I told 'em if it was faster & better in the corners than my max I'd trade. About that time their best mechanic walked by and laughed 'cause we have ridden together and he had a max years ago. He just told the sales guy not to waste his time on me & kept walking.

Great story!! You got a 'kill' without ever starting your bike!! :punk:

Great story!! You got a 'kill' without ever starting your bike!! :punk:
It's kinda like that movie but in this case it would be called "Death of a Hardly Ableson salesman"!!!:biglaugh:

I have not gotten to ride or race a V-rod. I did see a new one at the gas station the other day and it did look like they are trying to clone my 2006 V-max lol.

Another member on here BLKMAX and I were at a bike event in Eureka CA last July. We were running at the drag strip. There was a silver V-rod there that was being raced by a guy that races a 9 sec (maybe 8 sec) jap bike every weekend. This was BLKMAXes first time ever racing his bike at the track and my second plus I am very husky lol at least 280 with my gear. I thought oh crap I might get whipped by a V-rod(it wasn't stock). We never did end up racing him but both are V-maxes were quicker then him. Plus we were not setting any records lol. Another V-rod showed up later with a guy riding who was more in our class and he was 2 seconds slower than the guy I was worried about.. I am still waiting for my first shot at a Vrod . I have not gotten any to play :confused2:

three years ago i saw a night rod special in a charleston s.c. dealership, loved the look and wanted one since, I previously owned 3 1985 v-maxes and now older thought I would like one, the 16000 dollar price tag was more than the 1999 v-max i found so I bought my fourth max, I recently went on a military demo ride and chose the night rod muscle, I couldn't believe the difference in power and suspension, both well below my v-maxes, which are not known for their suspension, long story short I am extremely glad I bought my fourth v-max. the only bike I will ever own and after riding harleys flagship muscle bike there is no doubt in my mind they couldn't compete with a first gen max, 2nd gen forget about it.

Back