want a 2019 Ram pickup? Crew cab only!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
And with all options, it's hovering just-below $70,000! The company's answer to those buyers who want a stripped 2dr pickup?

"Buy a 2018!"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...pickup-for-drivers-who-think-they-want-an-suv

The auto industry is going through some big changes.

Ford is killing-off cars to concentrate on trucks/SUV's. Oh, they'll still sell the Mustang; no Fusion, no Fiesta, no Taurus. Taurus was the #1 selling car for much of the 1990's in the USA. It reminds me of how in the 1970's the Oldsmobile Cutlass was the #1 selling car, and now, you'd be hard-pressed to find an Olds of any kind in a junkyard.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ong-to-the-likes-of-the-fusion-and-the-fiesta

The auto industry is going through some big changes.

Ford is killing-off cars to concentrate on trucks/SUV's. Oh, they'll still sell the Mustang; no Fusion, no Fiesta, no Taurus. Taurus was the #1 selling car for much of the 1990's in the USA. It reminds me of how in the 1970's the Oldsmobile Cutlass was the #1 selling car, and now, you'd be hard-pressed to find an Olds of any kind in a junkyard.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ong-to-the-likes-of-the-fusion-and-the-fiesta

Yea, it's kinda sad. Seems like all cars look the same today. And..kids today don't seem to care much about cars like in the ole days. (I was born in 70, but still. always loved the looks of the "older" cars (50's-60's being my faves, back when style meant something for a car) I miss the good ole days. Now im depressed.

I'm a Mopar man, but I think their truck sales are gonna tank. I thought $40,000 was high enough, $69,000???? That's just down right crazy. What's next $1,000 for a dozen eggs? $2,500 for a gallon of milk. I wouldn't drive that thing if it was given to me. It's automatic, to much leather, more buttons than you can shake a stick at. Air ride suspension, yeah till you blow an air bag. I'll stick with my "real truck". Made for work, not pleasure. You want pleasure?, buy a sports car. So the people that can afford it, can't drive it, it's gonna be a long truck, wonder what they are gonna hit with it. Change lanes and crunch, oops. I didn't see you. It's like putting a Prius owner in a tractor trailer, and saying have fun.

I would have to come into some serious dough to justify spending that on a truck. That's almost half what my house cost.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Now that's interesting. Harley Earl the head of Art and color for GM Design Studios is generally credited with developing the planned obsolescence in annual model changeovers.

I think my half ton truck days are over, unless by some miracle they start putting manual trans. Back in them. Last I knew Dodge was the only one offering a manual trans in the 3/4 ton and up trucks. Took me a year to find my 05 with a 5 speed manual trans. That was in my price range without a trillion miles. It's not diesel, it's got the 5.7, does what I need it to. For a diesel with atleast 200,000 plus over ten years old are still in $20,000 plus range. Absolutely ridiculous. For a truck that's pretty much wore out, maybe not engine wise. But everything else is. I agree with captain Kyle, I'll keep my Dodge till it's absolutely wore out.

Well, Kyle's is the V-10 iron block which is something like 488 cu. inches. The Viper is an aluminum V-10 of similar design. So his is something special compared to most Ram pickups of similar vintage. I've seen it in person & it's pretty cool, not a mall-cruiser by any means.

Nice, if I'm not mistaken it's the 8.0 liter, 400 horse claimed by Mopar, my hemi is around 350, in 05 the hemi had ten horse on the Cummins then. And then the very rare optioned v10 came in at 400. I could have had the chance to buy one with a v-10, but it was auto. So I walked away. I have a 91 RAM, short bed that is currently 0 C.I. lol. About two months ago I found a 94 viper that was being parted out....... Asked around last week about stuffing a v10 in it, little did I know there is room for it. I could have had the whole works, trans, motor, and writing harness. All well, got a 360 coming for it. Needs to be rebuilt but it's not gonna be stock by any means. Truck originally came with 150 horse 318 and only weighing in at 3,800 pounds it's gonna be a fun truck. The 318 had no problem lighting up both rear tires on an open diff....... I still can't explain that one, and I know for a fact it's open, I had the cover off. I like the older stuff, parts are plenty, and cheap usually. Nothing is meaner sounding than a straight piped v10, imo lol. I like loud, fast cars, trucks, bikes lol. when i threw the long tube headers on my wife's gt500 I had to fire it up with open headers lol. That's a fun car, but I'm limited to what I can do to it, it belonged to her father when he past, she inherited the car, with a 30 foot tri-axle enclosed trailer that he had built just for that car, so I really need atleast a 3/4 ton truck around to haul it. So besides my 91 half ton toy, I'm done with the half ton series trucks. For now lol.

Back