water pump cover torque? leak?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witchdoctor

Reaction score
Does anybody know the torque for the water pump cover (five) bolts)?

i came home and had a flood of coolant all over the garage floor and it looks like its coming from the lower bolt on the case cover. It ruined the paint on the floor, thats some nasty stuff.

I removed the cover, rest of coolant poured out, and there was a little corrosion on the surfaces at/about the 5:00 area - near the bolt where the leak looks like it was coming from. The rubber seal looked ok.

I sanded the surfaces a little, cleaned it up, and put the cover back on.,... just need to torque settings.

What coolant to use? Should I replace the rubber seal?

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

7,2 ft lb.

Its always better to replace the rubber seal when you've diasembled the pump housing. The like to be flat.

Definitly use a new gasket and you may want to use some Yamabond.

I use standard glycol anti freeze coolant for aluminium engines. Preetty any kind of this type coolant will be ok.

toyota red seems to be a good choice typically.. i'd def use a new gasket

Garrett, any brand name coolant formulated for aluminum engines is fine. Having clean fresh coolant is much more important than what kind you use. I get Peak from Ace Hardware, change it every year.

Def use a new o-ring behind that cover and lube it up with sylicone grease...the kind you used to use on swimming pool valve o-rings...the green stuff.

Latest posts

Back