wavy discs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about ready for new rotors up front. got Nissen 4 pots and braided lines up front now. Anybody using ebc rotors? Floaters on the older style front ends?

There are a couple different ways you can go with your pre '93 brakes. The two most popular are by using R1 calipers or Hayabusa calipers typically found on Ebay or maybe a local friend has upgraded theirs and has them laying around. You will also need 298 mm rotors and as KJ mentioned, adapters so the calipers will clear the larger rotors.
R1 Caliper adapters: (England) Custom Vmax Services, or (US) Quality Parts Online.
To do the 1998 to 2007 Hayabusa caliper upgrade (See my pictures below): Sean Morley @ Morley's Muscle.com (site sponsor and great vendor). You can see Sean's adapter (black) is unobtrusive and works well although some light filing may be required (easy to do) at the leading edge (where rotor enters the caliper) to provide clearance. I paid $72 for the 'Busa calipers I picked up on Ebay and added EBC HH pads. I have very powerful 2 finger braking now and couldn't be happier!

Attachments

• IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0849.jpg
    IMG_0849.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 26
Thanks guys. For now I'll stick to the stock setup until I need new pads. At that time, I'll install a wavy rotor, adapter, better calipers.

Latest posts

Back