website

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I can tell you it is cool when building a website. This is something that you have to pay the piper if you want it to look professional. I decided to go with some 360 imaging so you could see all the way around the connectors. I did get some prices and just to take the pictures was right around $65 for each connector. So I said piss on that , so I bought my own camera set up and it is freakin COOL! So here is a taste of what the programmer sent me today of the images I had sent him! Worth every damn penny too! :punk: G

http://www.williamneeley.com/j360/demo-jpg-bg.html

Yes that shows the product well. Do they offer a vertical plane articulation too?

The 360 that you see is from my camera set up, I only had it at 12 pictures per 360 degrees. I can go all the way up to 32 images per 360. When you do that the smoothness is awesome yet it takes way too much editing and the programmer will charge crap out of me. Also it will take too much space up on my server. Now you were talking vertical movement too! Well I cannot do that however I did get a price on it from a company that does it. It does take tons of editing and tons more pictures. Ok are you sitting down? $1,200 per item HOLY $H!T is what came out of my mouth... LOL

G

Yeah, forget that, you can get a Carrozzeria from Sean for that much!:biglaugh:

Not quite but not two items and you're in business.

Why not a single shot front/back and then get a rotary table and a short video that you can loop to get the all around view? Would be easily doable at home and almost virtually no editing.

Sean

I was wondering that also...wouldn't a short video clip of the item on a rotating platform be much easier/cheaper? Set the camera on macro, get close up, and just slowly pan around.

If you really wanted to go for it, add a frame advance/reverse button to the video player embedded in your site, so you could frame-by-frame pan around the item.

LOL GUYS guys , this is set up on a rotary table and it is only 12 images linked together, as I stated earlier you can make it very smooth yet who wants to pay for the editing and data storage from your server. The main thing is storage space that you are renting every month for your website. The goal here is to have up to 5,000 different connectors. With that being said ..... who has the money to pay rent on data storage for 5,000 little videos that are super good. The image gets the point across way better than any other connector site out there!

G

I knew I should have bought some of your connectors a few months ago, Because you know what else comes with the new menu at your favorite diner. Oh well you snooze and you lose. Your photos are great by the way.

The 360 that you see is from my camera set up, I only had it at 12 pictures per 360 degrees. I can go all the way up to 32 images per 360. When you do that the smoothness is awesome yet it takes way too much editing and the programmer will charge crap out of me. Also it will take too much space up on my server. Now you were talking vertical movement too! Well I cannot do that however I did get a price on it from a company that does it. It does take tons of editing and tons more pictures. Ok are you sitting down? $1,200 per item HOLY $H!T is what came out of my mouth... LOL

G

I could have stuff like that done for much cheaper than 1200$.
I even can provide a full online shop with this kind of 360 degrees rotation for good price.

I could have stuff like that done for much cheaper than 1200$.
I even can provide a full online shop with this kind of 360 degrees rotation for good price.

I don't think you are getting the point! $1,200 is for rotation in any direction from another company which is around 100 + images for one connector. The editing for one of those is a nightmare! I am paying alot less than even there $65 for a regular 360 degree set up like what you see. The deal is the equipment is pricy and they need to recover from what they spent. The time spent on one connector is horrid.

G

Got it now Gannon. Sorry I guess I read it too fast :)
65$ is pretty fair if you provide the pics.

I agree a real 3D would be a nightmare and pretty heavy to display.
On the web I just would just do a 360 degrees horizontal and a 360 degrees vertical, and maybe with zooming options. That's more than enough, but it depends what is your end goal I guess.

I was wondering that also...wouldn't a short video clip of the item on a rotating platform be much easier/cheaper? Set the camera on macro, get close up, and just slowly pan around.

If you really wanted to go for it, add a frame advance/reverse button to the video player embedded in your site, so you could frame-by-frame pan around the item.

Easier I agree, but less control for the users with a video player.
The setup choosen by Gannon is the most commonly used and the lightest one.

Back