Welding precautions..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
I want to tig weld on the frame and need to know the correct precautions to take.

Disconnect odyssey battery... What other electrical parts need to be disconnected?

Thanks

:punk: Make sure your ground connection is very good. Should be no problem. Spurs

I want to tig weld on the frame and need to know the correct precautions to take.

Disconnect odyssey battery... What other electrical parts need to be disconnected?

Thanks
Nahh, evrything will be fine either way or another.
As noted, good grounding connection must be made.

If you're anywhere near the fuel tank, DO cover it up with a wet rag. It's prolly a good idea to drain the carbs too, just for extra safety.

:punk: Make sure your ground connection is very good. Should be no problem. Spurs

Thanks.. aside from sanding a section of frame raw for the ground clamp. Where could I attach the ground like a terminal on a bolt or screw?

locat the ground as close to where you will be welding as possible,the end of a bolt in the frame should work but there is the risk of a ground arc buggering up the threads.( small risk) you said your tiging it?I assume then you know what your doing,not all welders can tig weld. make sure every thing is, CLEAN ,CLEAN ,CLEAN, sharp tungsten,and good heat controll. crank up the tunes and go!

Ill be tig welding a lower A Arm on a race quad tommorrow, Ill Post pics pre and post fix.

Latest posts

Back