Welp....it's for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To each their own, I always say. Personally I find a 700+ bagger, not including the rider, running mid 10's impressive.

Very true but you could probably make your Max achieve orbit for less money then what he spent. :whistlin:

To each their own, I always say. Personally I find a 700+ bagger, not including the rider, running mid 10's impressive.

It just depends what your reference frame is. If you mean "in comparison to a stock HD bagger", then it's very impressive... I found a clip of an 88inch stock HD bagger that ran a 14.4....so a four second improvement is a big deal. One with motor work and spray ran mid 12's

Now if you compare it to everything, and what motorcycles can run, it's not that impressive at all. The Vmax ran about that in 1985 with 1/2 the displacement.

It just depends what your reference frame is.

My reference simply is a 900lbs of 2cyl and rider ran a 10. I tend to give credit where credit is due. I don't care what the brand name is. I like the out of the ordinary, and a 10.20 bagger is definately out of the ordinary. http://www.starracing.com/G2/145EngineSpecsDynoChart.htm

It's like bring back at the drag strip in the 80's look around you see a ton of mopars, camaros, etc. The crowd pleaser was a wheel standing 11.0 VW bug and an old Nash was was running the 10.90 class.

I would have to say that this is one of those to each his own situations. The bagger is pretty cool if that's your thing, definitely an impressive feat given the starting point. It'd one of those "if I have to explain to you why ..... then you'll never get it anyways."

Attachments

• honee1.jpg
    honee1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 10
  • honee2.jpg
    honee2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 11
I bought a 1200 Suzuki Bandit a few yrs ago. I found myself wheeling it around corners and driving at a pace that would soon be the end of me. I sold it and no regrets.
The Vmax has the great sound (kerker 4/1 pipe) and it handles so bad that it makes me realize I do not want to push it hard on twisties.
I know I could invest a lot of money in wheels, radial tires etc etc but thats not the direction I want to go.
Had my max for a yr and a half now and enjoying it. Do I wish I had FI, yes I do. But its a good bike and has that great hit at 6 plus K rpm.

I find a 700-900 pound V twin impessive to run 10's in the quarter mile. I know with some work our bike will do it but how much money to get a Vmax to run low 10's. We can argue this point all we want why put 7,000 in a Max to run 9's when we can go spend that on a Busa & do it stock with a good rider. Its a dog eat dog world ride what you like & do what you like.

Back